WNBA Draft -Michelle Smith Article | The Boneyard

WNBA Draft -Michelle Smith Article

LasVegasYank

Never pay retail for anything.
Reaction Score
Kia Nurse... her brother plays professional hockey in the NFL..... Who knew??

Confused about her cousin? Donovan McNabb who played for the Eagles for years.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
So he’s the NHL player. Not the NFL...so who’s the hockey player in the NFL
Sorry, missed the typo. I’m not aware of any hockey players in the NFL or football players in the NHL—though there have been some wrestlers in the NHL.

Reaction Score
Sorry, missed the typo. I’m not aware of any hockey players in the NFL or football players in the NHL—though there have been some wrestlers in the NHL.
Wrestlers who played football.

Reaction Score
Curly Culp was an NCAA wrestling champion at ASU and defensive tackle for the K.C. Chiefs in the 1960s and 1970s.
I wrestled when I was a kid in Oklahoma. My dad drove me to Stillwater to see an ASU vs. Okla. State wrestling match. OSU was a national wrestling power at that time. Curly outweighed the OSU heavyweight by around 100 lbs. and pinned him in about 15 seconds.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I wrestled when I was a kid in Oklahoma. My dad drove me to Stillwater to see an ASU vs. Okla. State wrestling match. OSU was a national wrestling power at that time. Curly outweighed the OSU heavyweight by around 100 lbs. and pinned him in about 15 seconds.
I'll make sure I don't mess with you. ;)

Curly was wrestling when I was a student at Lehigh, which had a top-10 program at the time. Most of the great Lehigh wrestlers were under 170 lbs.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The Las Vegas franchise finished with the worst record in the league the last two seasons. They have needs across the board. New head coach ''trader Bill" Laimbeer knows what he's doing. He has the first pick in the next draft. I'd be shocked if he doesn't draft Wilson.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I'll make sure I don't mess with you. ;)

Curly was wrestling when I was a student at Lehigh, which had a top-10 program at the time. Most of the great Lehigh wrestlers were under 170 lbs.
Yeah but they weren’t defensive tackles on Frank Kush’s PAC-8 Champion football team.

Reaction Score
The Las Vegas franchise finished with the worst record in the league the last two seasons. They have needs across the board. New head coach ''trader Bill" Laimbeer knows what he's doing. He has the first pick in the next draft. I'd be shocked if he doesn't draft Wilson.

I agree that he should draft Wilson. It's debatable whether he "knows what he's doing". The Liberty didn't turn things around until he was bumped off his GM position.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I agree that he should draft Wilson. It's debatable whether he "knows what he's doing". The Liberty didn't turn things around until he was bumped off his GM position.

I was giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Reaction Score
If Laimbeer can pick both Wilson and Gabby that will be just awesome.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If Laimbeer can pick both Wilson and Gabby that will be just awesome.

That's interesting. Seattle might be interested in Plum. They have the #5 pick. I doubt Chicago wants or needs Plum. Las Vegas doesn't have great assets to trade.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom