WNBA cuts for today Tuesday May 9 | The Boneyard

WNBA cuts for today Tuesday May 9

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Sad to see Ally Mallot get cut. Maybe someone will pick her up.

Reaction Score
Aren't 'bubble' players like Saniya now competing not only with players on their own teams' rosters, but also with recently-waived players from the most talented WNBA rosters, who can now be picked up by their teams?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Aren't 'bubble' players like Saniya now competing not only with players on their own teams' rosters, but also with recently-waived players from the most talented WNBA rosters, who can now be picked up by their teams?
Yea, pretty much.

Reaction Score
Chantel Osahor waived . Given the characteristics of her play this is not a surprise, but I admire her none the less.

Given her lack of conditioning, I seriously questioned whether she could play in the WNBA.

Reaction Score
Sad to see Ally Mallot get cut. Maybe someone will pick her up.

One of those excellent players who probably would have stuck when rosters were at 14, but can't stay on with only 12 players per team- and only twelve teams.

The amazing players that have been cut loose!

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Given her lack of conditioning, I seriously questioned whether she could play in the WNBA.
Yes I agree. There were times at Washington. It took her a long time to get across half court.

Reaction Score
Seeing lots of undrafted rookies getting cut. Any of them still on squads?

Reaction Score
Chong likely safe but Connecticut just signed Jordan Hopper off waivers so Kelly Faris could be in trouble.

Sparks still have 17 on roster including undrafted Karlie Samuelson. Fingers crossed they keep her.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Chong likely safe but Connecticut just signed Jordan Hopper off waivers so Kelly Faris could be in trouble.

Sparks still have 17 on roster including undrafted Karlie Samuelson. Fingers crossed they keep her.
Injury to Karlies foot will most likely keep her out for the season. Only person more bummed than me is Karlie.
Get better Karlie and I hope you can hook up with a team overseas(Australia is Beautiful):cool:

Reaction Score
Congrats to Saniya ...

May 10, 2017
Connecticut Hightower, Allison Waived
Connecticut Hooper, Jordan Waiver Claimed
Dallas Phillips, Erin Waived
Indiana Fitzgerald, Feyonda Waived
Indiana Lucas, Maggie Waived
New York Alston, Ameryst Waived

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Congrats to Saniya ...

May 10, 2017
Connecticut Hightower, Allison Waived
Connecticut Hooper, Jordan Waiver Claimed
Dallas Phillips, Erin Waived
Indiana Fitzgerald, Feyonda Waived
Indiana Lucas, Maggie Waived
New York Alston, Ameryst Waived
I think Dallas featured Erin Phillips in their ads, so WOW!

I thought the choice would be Erin, the proven veteran, vs. Saniya, the younger and less expensive newcomer, as the backup to Skylar.

Reaction Score
Seeing lots of undrafted rookies getting cut. Any of them still on squads?

Answering my own question: Karlie Samuelson (LA) & Sophie Brunner (Phoe) are the only 2 undrafted players still on a roster.

They've outlasted 9 players picked in the draft who have been cut, though all of those were with other teams.

Reaction Score
Answering my own question: Karlie Samuelson (LA) & Sophie Brunner (Phoe) are the only 2 undrafted players still on a roster.

They've outlasted 9 players picked in the draft who have been cut, though all of those were with other teams.
Sometimes having a grip on the intelligent part of the game helps.;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom