WNBA AP Yearly Award Winners | The Boneyard

WNBA AP Yearly Award Winners

Reaction Score
These aren’t the official WNBA award winners, but I believe they use some of the same voters. It could be a foreshadowing of the outcomes for the official awards.

The surprise award for me is Parker as Defensive Player of the Year. She’s never been known for defense. Has her defensive game really changed that much? Didn’t seem to stand out to me.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
These aren’t the official WNBA award winners, but I believe they use some of the same voters. It could be a foreshadowing of the outcomes for the official awards.

The surprise award for me is Parker as Defensive Player of the Year. She’s never been known for defense. Has her defensive game really changed that much? Didn’t seem to stand out for me.

Someone posted on the UConn board, that stats. She may have played better defense than in the past, but I don't think she deserved it. By stats only, it should've went to Pheesa.

Reaction Score
By stats only, it should've went to Pheesa.

I struggle with that too because Minnesota’s team defense has been horrible lately.

I probably would have went with Clark. She’s always given the toughest perimeter assignment. She basically shut down McBride in the last game and that seems indicative of her work all season.

Reaction Score
I struggle with that too because Minnesota’s team defense has been horrible lately.

I probably would have went with Clark. She’s always given the toughest perimeter assignment. She basically shut down McBride in the last game and that seems indicative of her work all season.

She would also have been a better choice. I know it shouldn't be just about that stats. I just don't think Parker showed any of that.

Reaction Score
Okay, now I’ll give Parker creds. She was doing her Griner impression this year.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Okay, now I’ll give Parker creds. She was doing her Griner impression this year.

Is a Griner Impersonation a good thing?

Reaction Score
Minnesota’s Crystal Dangerfield was the runaway winner for rookie of the year. The second-round draft pick became the second consecutive Lynx player to win the award, joining Napheesa Collier. The Lynx’s point guard averaged 16.2 points and 3.6 assists this season.

She particularly excelled in the fourth quarter. Dangerfield had the second most total points in the league in the final period behind only Arike Ogunbwale. The UConn grad averaged 6.5 points a game in the fourth.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I'd be happy with Collier, A. Thomas, or Clark as Defensive POY. I really don't get the choice of Parker. Sure, she has her defensive moments, but I think the other three are more consistently disruptive.

Reaction Score
I'd be happy with Collier, A. Thomas, or Clark as Defensive POY. I really don't get the choice of Parker. Sure, she has her defensive moments, but I think the other three are more consistently disruptive.
The best defensive team in the league is Seattle, Clark should get the award.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom