WNBA all star voting | The Boneyard

WNBA all star voting

Reaction Score

Hard to believe Kia Nurse is not a top 5 vote getter.

Reaction Score

She ended up # 16 in the final fan voting but the media and player voting pushed her into the top ten starter group. The fan voting counted 50%, so she had to make up a bit of ground. But reason prevailed.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

The Liberty fanbase and our general enthusiasm has been on life support after last season and the move from MSG to Whiteplains. While our play (and especially Kia and to a lesser extent Asia's progress) has given us some enthusiasm, until we get to Barclays, we are not likely to overwhelm the ballot box.

I am guessing most of the votes is probably from the UConn contingent

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Washington Mystics forward Elena Delle Donne and Las Vegas Aces forward A'ja Wilson led fan voting and will be the captains for the upcoming WNBA All-Star Game.

The game will be held at Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas on Saturday July 27 ABC - 3:30 p.m. et.
The other top eight vote-getters who will make up the pool of starters also were announced Thursday:
  1. Liz Cambage,
  2. Chelsea Gray
  3. Brittney Griner
  4. Natasha Howard
  5. Jonquel Jones
  6. Jewell Loyd
  7. Kayla McBride
  8. Kia Nurse.
The All-Star coaches, Las Vegas' Bill Laimbeer and Washington's Mike Thibault will be on the opposite sides of their two star players, however. Laimbeer, whose Aces are currently in first place at 10-5, will coach Team Delle Donne; Thibault, whose Mystics are in second at 9-5, will coach Team Wilson.

The WNBA announced its All-Star reserves Monday as voted on by the league's coaches. Chicago's Diamond DeShields, Minnesota's Odyssey Sims, Indiana's Erica Wheeler, Chicago's Allie Quigley and Courtney Vandersloot, Washington's Kristi Toliver, New York's Tina Charles, Indiana's Candice Dupree,
Minnesota's Sylvia Fowles Los Angeles' Nneka Ogwumike, Phoenix's DeWanna Bonner and Connecticut's Alyssa Thomas.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I Know the NBA has advanced the team selection so that the selection is done by the team captains live on TV. I am guessing this is not happening with the WNBA.

As an exercise, I imagined the sides that result (listed in order of the pick in my head) based on EDD as top vote getter selecting first

Team EDD (F)
Liz Cambage (C)
Jonquel Jones (F)
Chelsea Gray (G)
Kia Nurse.(G)

Team Wilson (F)
Brittney Griner (C)
Kayla McBride (G)
Natasha Howard (F)
Jewell Loyd (G)

Now that I look at it, Team EDD would beat Team Wilson handily

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Team EDD (F)
Liz Cambage (C)
Jonquel Jones (F)
Chelsea Gray (G)
Kia Nurse.(G)

Team Wilson (F)
Brittney Griner (C)
Kayla McBride (G)
Natasha Howard (F)
Jewell Loyd (G)

Now that I look at it, Team EDD would beat Team Wilson handily

That would be unfair

Reaction Score
Prevalent opinion had Team EDD killing Team Parker at last season’s AS game, which failed to happen.

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score

Kia has had a good season. Agree with you that she should be top 5.

Reaction Score
So the schools that have the most all-stars this year are Baylor, UConn, and Notre Dame at 2 each. Then everyone else with 1 selection. Over the last decade, these 3 schools were the best of women’s basketball

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
So the schools that have the most all-stars this year are Baylor, UConn, and Notre Dame at 2 each. Then everyone else with 1 selection. Over the last decade, these 3 schools were the best of women’s basketball
And if not for the injuries to Stewie, Bird, and Taurasi, UConn would likely have 5 all-stars.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom