WNBA All-Star Vote Breakdown - East | The Boneyard

WNBA All-Star Vote Breakdown - East

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
How the vote broke down. Looks like Alyssa Thomas has a great chance to join Jas and JJ in Seattle. Also interesting is the disparity in the ranking between the fans/media and the players (like for Kiah and Imani). I would think the players would have the best perspective and these two numbers surprise me. Courtney Williams appears to be underrated in the fans/media also.

David Siegel‏ @DishNSwish 21h21 hours ago
Eastern conference - how the starters were chosen

DEd_zxMWAAAXl6y.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
YESS TIFFFFF!! So happy for Hayes, man. That girl has worked her butt off! Overlooked and underrated in years past, but she's shining now.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Unfortunately, Kiah has not really played well in my opinion. She had a few good offensive games mid season and she always rebounds well (defensively) but I do not see her having much impact defensively which is her calling card. She also gets into foul trouble too much and does not
seem to have a real killer instinct (imho).

On the other hand, Courtney has always had a killer instinct from her USF days and her skills are just now becoming appreciated since she now plays on a team of stud athletes that like pace. She is really something to watch.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Zellous gets a ton more respect from players than the Fans/Media. I really think the formula should be:
((Player Rank*2)+Fans Rank+Media Rank)/4

Under the current formula, the W is looking for the most popular players to be All-Stars rather than the BEST players.

Reaction Score
YESS TIFFFFF!! So happy for Hayes, man. That girl has worked her butt off! Overlooked and underrated in years past, but she's shining now.

Overlooked and underrated, yes, but mostly overshadowed by McCaughtry. Now folks are starting to see and appreciate what Tiff can do on her own.

Reaction Score
Zellous gets a ton more respect from players than the Fans/Media. I really think the formula should be:
((Player Rank*2)+Fans Rank+Media Rank)/4

Under the current formula, the W is looking for the most popular players to be All-Stars rather than the BEST players.

That's how you get the fannies on the seats, which unfortunately has to be the priority to grow interest in the league.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Since they posted the fan results I was astounded at the love for Tiffany Mitchell. I'm glad to see the media and players have a more realistic view of her. Were the SC fans stuffing the ballots? I enjoy watching her, but haven't thought she was one of the best guards in the league.

Reaction Score
Since they posted the fan results I was astounded at the love for Tiffany Mitchell. I'm glad to see the media and players have a more realistic view of her. Were the SC fans stuffing the ballots? I enjoy watching her, but haven't thought she was one of the best guards in the league.

Absolutely; Gamecock Nation did a great job promoting voting for their players. They were all over Twitter pushing, as were most other schools like Duke, ND, but not to that level. UConn? Crickets.....

Reaction Score
How the vote broke down. Looks like Alyssa Thomas has a great chance to join Jas and JJ in Seattle. Also interesting is the disparity in the ranking between the fans/media and the players (like for Kiah and Imani). I would think the players would have the best perspective and these two numbers surprise me. Courtney Williams appears to be underrated in the fans/media also.

David Siegel‏ @DishNSwish 21h21 hours ago
Eastern conference - how the starters were chosen

DEd_zxMWAAAXl6y.jpg
I'd like to know who the media voted 7-8-9 in the guards and who the players voted 9-10-11-12.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom