WNBA All-Rookie Team | The Boneyard

WNBA All-Rookie Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Great job by Tiff. I was a bit surprised that Stricklen didn't make the team until i realized she averaged the same MPG that Tiff did, but 'kinna's numbers were lower across the board. Cain is still easily the biggest bust of the draft, and possibly the biggest bust of all time. Players selected ahead of Tiff - Goodlett, Novasel, and Barrett - hardly contributed anything and all were taken in the first round.

Novasel and Goodlett were 14th and 15th respectively in rookie scoring, and both averaged less than 10 minutes per game. Barrett played in 2 preseason games and was cut (I think) as she's no longer on the Washington roster. Very glad they did not select Hayes. Tiff's a great fit for Atlanta.

Reaction Score
Sam Prahalis? You mean the person that 80% of this board said would be a terrible terrible pick?

Congrats to Tiff!

Reaction Score
Sam Prahalis? You mean the person that 80% of this board said would be a terrible terrible pick?

I've also read on here that Tiffany has no basketball IQ. :rolleyes: People say crazy things sometimes...

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Glory had a really nice rookie year.:)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score

Congrats to Tiff!
And the same one that some people including Cam have already recognized is not likely to be a PG to lead a team to the title.

Reaction Score

Sam looked lost playing against UCONN...and that's something for Saniya to think about...if someone with that much talent could be completely neutralized by a college team...imagine how much better she could be now if she'd had the benefit of that program...

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Glory had a really nice rookie year.:)

Glory was impressive - she is the energizer bunny in a hyper-athletic 6'3" frame. Her offensive output was impressive for a rook and her hustle on the boards was there as always.

How did she do against Nneka? Did they match up against each other when the Shock played the Sparks or did she have to guard Candace ?

She will be around the W for a long time.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Yes
Glory was impressive - she is the energizer bunny in a hyper-athletic 6'3" frame. Her offensive output was impressive for a rook and her hustle on the boards was there as always.

How did she do against Nneka? Did they match up against each other when the Shock played the Sparks or did she have to guard Candace ?

She will be around the W for a long time.
she has always played like that. That great athletic ability. I think she did play good against the Sparks.

Reaction Score
Sam looked lost playing against UCONN...and that's something for Saniya to think about...if someone with that much talent could be completely neutralized by a college team...imagine how much better she could be now if she'd had the benefit of that program...

(1) It's often easier to neutralize a player in college because she has teammates who are weak links. That is much less likely in the pros.
(2) You have no idea how she would've done with Geno. Not every player is right for him. And he might not have wanted her anyway.
(3) She landed on the all-rookie team; I think she's done just fine. Why the need to denigrate?

Reaction Score

As have a fair number of great college players including Skylar Diggins in her first couple of games against UConn only to come up with one of the all time great opponent performances in Maya's last game as a Husky.

Reaction Score
(1) It's often easier to neutralize a player in college because she has teammates who are weak links. That is much less likely in the pros.
(2) You have no idea how she would've done with Geno. Not every player is right for him. And he might not have wanted her anyway.
(3) She landed on the all-rookie team; I think she's done just fine. Why the need to denigrate?

(1) Very much agree regarding the ability to neutralize in the college game.

(2) My comment was entirely speculative...if you thought otherwise you just misread the post. I think if Geno had wanted her, he probably would've gotten her...but I really have no idea and expressed no opinion. The opinion I did express is that most players would benefit from Geno's tutelage...which I'll stand by. But the comment was really aimed at Saniya...who may still be considering Ohio State...not at Sam who has moved on.

(3) I haven't denigrated Sam...what would make you say a thing like that, vowelguy? You referenced the fact that some on this board had expressed less confidence that she'd succeed in the WNBA, and I was commenting on the game I saw her play against UCONN...which IMO led to some of those comments by way of offered explanation. Sam has done extremely well, and she will have the opportunity to do even better next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom