WNBA 1st and 2nd Teams | The Boneyard

WNBA 1st and 2nd Teams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Does anyone know when the WNBA 1st and 2nd teams are announced?

Also, who would you choose for these teams?

Mine:

1st Team:

1. Whalen
2. Augustus
3. Maya
4. Parker
5. Tina

2nd Team

1. Sue
2. Poindexter
3. McCoughtry
4. Catchings
5. Fowles

Reaction Score
Mine...

First Team:
G Pondexter, New York
G/F M. Moore, Minnesota
F Catchings, Indiana
F/C Parker, Los Angeles
C Charles, Connecticut

Second Team:
G Lawson, Connecticut
G Toliver, Los Angeles
F Bonner, Phoenix
F Young, San Antonio
F/C Brunson, Minnesota

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think the first team has to have the following:

Tina
Catch
Candace
Maya (probably)

And one other. Cappie, Kara, Seimone, Sue, Lindsay, or Katie.

Reaction Score
Actually, Milford, you are right. Catchings has to be in the first team. So mine edited:

Whalen
Maya
Catchings
Parker
Tina

But I imagine that Poindexter will replace Whalen or Maya

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
If Pondexter doesn't make first team, it will just be God's will. Maybe He was just tired of her stupid tweets. After all, He makes no mistakes. Idk guys. Lol.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
First Team:
G Pondexter, New York
G/F M. Moore, Minnesota
F Catchings, Indiana
F Parker, Los Angeles
C Charles, Connecticut

Second Team:
G Prince, Chicago
G Toliver, Los Angeles
G Augustus, Minnesota
F Bonner, Phoenix
F Young, San Antonio

I couldn't put Whalen even on the 2nd team since i see her as being behind Bird. she had only .1 more assists per game but was about 1.0 PPG behind Bird in scoring, and I didn't even have room for Bird on the 1st or 2nd teams. I left McCaughtry off for obvious reasons. Lawson had a fabulous season, but how do you put her ahead of Augustus or Young (those were my "last 2 in" on the 2nd team)...

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
First Team:
G Pondexter, New York
G/F M. Moore, Minnesota
F Catchings, Indiana
F Parker, Los Angeles
C Charles, Connecticut

Second Team:
G Prince, Chicago
G Toliver, Los Angeles
G Augustus, Minnesota
F Bonner, Phoenix
F Young, San Antonio

I couldn't put Whalen even on the 2nd team since i see her as being behind Bird. she had only .1 more assists per game but was about 1.0 PPG behind Bird in scoring, and I didn't even have room for Bird on the 1st or 2nd teams. I left McCaughtry off for obvious reasons. Lawson had a fabulous season, but how do you put her ahead of Augustus or Young (those were my "last 2 in" on the 2nd team)...

I only have rudimentary knowledge of what goes on in the WNBA, and I'm a big fan of Bird. However, I have enough knowledge to know that 1 PPG game less given Whalen's supporting cast is still more impressive than Bird's scoring given hers. This is an example where relying too much on statistics is misleading. Actually, in a similar vein, Bird having only 0.1 assist less than Whalen, once again given their different situations, is pretty impressive as well for Bird.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Also, Whalen is taking her team to the finals, while Bird isn't. I love them both, but it could go either way.

Reaction Score
I love Sue Bird as well, and if I had to choose a point guard for my dream team, I would definitely choose Sue, whom I consider a better PG. However, I "voted" based on their performances this season, during which I felt Whalen accomplished more.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I only have rudimentary knowledge of what goes on in the WNBA, and I'm a big fan of Bird. However, I have enough knowledge to know that 1 PPG game less given Whalen's supporting cast is still more impressive than Bird's scoring given hers. This is an example where relying too much on statistics is misleading. Actually, in a similar vein, Bird having only 0.1 assist less than Whalen, once again given their different situations, is pretty impressive as well for Bird.
It wasn't just about the statistics, but it's very close between the two of them. At least to me. Still, I couldn't take Young or Augustus off my 2nd team to make room for either of them. They'd both be on my 3rd team if there was one...

Reaction Score
Also, Whalen is taking her team to the finals, while Bird isn't. I love them both, but it could go either way.

If they swapped places, Sue would be in the finals.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Why can't there be three teams. I'm sorry but I LOVE watching Whalen play. She is such a joy. Let's make three teams.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
We can all agree that Sue and Whalen both make their teammates better.

Since (this season) Whalen's team is in the finals and Bird's team is not, I guess Lindsay made her teammates betterer than Sue did, so that's the tiebreaker.

For now.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
We can all agree that Sue and Whalen both make their teammates better.

Since (this season) Whalen's team is in the finals and Bird's team is not, I guess Lindsay made her teammates betterer than Sue did, so that's the tiebreaker.

For now.
Unless Lindsay just wanted it more.

Reaction Score
IMHO you gotta put Lindsay Whalen on the 1st team.
When the game gets close she will take a charge, make a steal anything to get the ball back.
Then she makes sure everyone is where they are supposed to be. She drive, drive and dish, or take a trey. Whatever it takes. She is so good in the clutch you put the ball in Lindsay's hands and a basket will follow, and the scoreboard goes up another notch !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom