Withdrawal | The Boneyard

Withdrawal

Reaction Score
Z had a nice crossover in the open court with KML trying to guard her. Coach P also used her at the top of the zone showing she has good foot speed and lateral quickness.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Last week, I re-watched the opening game against Florida State. Very interesting to see how the team developed. Saniya sat out most of the first half, but scored 16 points in the second. IMHO, Geno didn't manage the end of the game very well, either, but they still won. The commentators remarks are more interesting too, when you know what ultimately happened. I strongly recommend rewatching this game.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Last week, I re-watched the opening game against Florida State. Very interesting to see how the team developed. Saniya sat out most of the first half, but scored 16 points in the second. IMHO, Geno didn't manage the end of the game very well, either, but they still won. The commentators remarks are more interesting too, when you know what ultimately happened. I strongly recommend rewatching this game.
I also watched the FSU game a couple of weeks ago, along with the Baylor and South Carolina games. I watched them in the pre-tournament days.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
These 7 months are way too long. Way too long for my liking.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think Geno tried to manage, but the players didn't follow directions, just as in the closing seconds on Friday. That's the maturity he talked about.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
I think Geno tried to manage, but the players didn't follow directions, just as in the closing seconds on Friday. That's the maturity he talked about.
Are you saying the players directly disobeyed him? Perhaps Geno didn't make himself clear enough. No way to know for sure.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I'll probably rewatch the Notre Dame game a few times in the off-season. Lots of gutsy play and execution against a strong ND squad, Gabby dominating, just great stuff. Oh, and this is the game where Bilas declared Gabby to be the most complete player in the college game.

Reaction Score
The symptoms are setting in so I plan to watch some game replays. I think I will start with the 12/29/14 Duke game and watch how Azura played against the Big Three...
I suffer the same withdrawal. But I ha a different reaction. I deleted all the great games from this season that I had Tvo'd. I had watched them many times during the season, usually the week following that particular game. But that team is no more. I know what we have in the core four who remain, though we know little about the three freshmen. And, of course, we wait anxiously to see the new freshmen.

But I think I must move on. Re-watching the great plays of the season keeps me stuck at the Miss. State game. I place I don't like to recall, although I understand that everything must end, and how much this team accomplished. I still don't relish seeing others, " dancing on our unhappiness." And I don't mean that their players were being disrespectful. But one team's joy is another team's agony, particularly in the final four. Same goes for the fans.

See you next year.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Are you saying the players directly disobeyed him? Perhaps Geno didn't make himself clear enough. No way to know for sure.
Either it didn't fully sink in, or, under pressure, the team lost the message.

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score

"Napheesa, make sure you make these two free throws."

"Okay."

Is that disobeying? (Not to put it all on Napheesa, but that was the starkest example I could think of.)

Reaction Score
Just as a reminder, Geno does not have a very good record in overtime games. Coach is human too. Every human being has weaknesses. Sometimes they catch up with you.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Just as a reminder, Geno does not have a very good record in overtime games. Coach is human too. Every human being has weaknesses. Sometimes they catch up with you.
As I remember, Geno doesn't have a very good record in games decided by single digits. (Don't remember what that digit was, 4 maybe) I remember seeing a graphic once, maybe a Notre Dame game, that was very surprising. I don't even know how to find it.

Reaction Score
I suffer the same withdrawal. But I ha a different reaction. I deleted all the great games from this season that I had Tvo'd. I had watched them many times during the season, usually the week following that particular game. But that team is no more. I know what we have in the core four who remain, though we know little about the three freshmen. And, of course, we wait anxiously to see the new freshmen.

But I think I must move on. Re-watching the great plays of the season keeps me stuck at the Miss. State game. I place I don't like to recall, although I understand that everything must end, and how much this team accomplished. I still don't relish seeing others, " dancing on our unhappiness." And I don't mean that their players were being disrespectful. But one team's joy is another team's agony, particularly in the final four. Same goes for the fans.

See you next year.
I feel your pain. I am at heart a Bills fan (no further credentials should be required), and over the last 15 years a Packers fan (irrational jingoism based on geographic proximity). I believe that prior to getting blown out by the Falcons this year, the Packers had lost 7 times in the post-season in the last 10 years, with 5 of the losses occurring on the final play.

Reaction Score
I was down for a day, then I thought about how bad the girls must feel. The sun came up and so won't our Huskies. What day is first practice? Oh and I think AS will be Stewie like.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I only recently found out about the husky game replays website so I have been having a ball watching older games that I never had the means to watch live and watching this season's games, especially the ones against the Top 25 teams. (I will never replay the MissSt Final Four game though.)

Reaction Score
As I remember, Geno doesn't have a very good record in games decided by single digits. (Don't remember what that digit was, 4 maybe) I remember seeing a graphic once, maybe a Notre Dame game, that was very surprising. I don't even know how to find it.
He's only had 5-6 in the last 5 years. With 2 losses. So he's winning more close games than he loses. And I love his record in non-close games.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I haven't watched the MState game yet... but I will soon!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom