Withdrawal pains... | The Boneyard

Withdrawal pains...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nine months of no UConn games at the Rent. Reality is setting in. No team practice news in the media. There will be a temporary respite around signing day (throwing crumbs to an emaciated beggar) & then we'll get some minimal nourishment during spring practice. As much as this team disappointed this season, I already miss them.

Then to add insult to injury: Last night I watched RGIII (who UConn is 2-0 against lifetime) torch the Giants defense, both with his feet, & his passing to Colts castoff Pierre Garcon. Hasn't been a good week.

Reaction Score
Actually, what you are feeling is the pain from the injuries you suffered in the train wreck that is the Paul Pasqualoni era.

Reaction Score
It's funny. For the first time.....I'm not all that depressed about the college season ending. I'm saying that to pile on P & GDL either. Usually I get an empty feeling that first Saturday in Dec with no football. I'm not feeling it this year. Almost glad it's over.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It's funny. For the first time.....I'm not all that depressed about the college season ending. I'm saying that to pile on P & GDL either. Usually I get an empty feeling that first Saturday in Dec with no football. I'm not feeling it this year. Almost glad it's over.

Yeah, but we usually have hoop to fall back on. Not this year.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Nine months of no UConn games at the Rent. Reality is setting in. No team practice news in the media. There will be a temporary respite around signing day (throwing crumbs to an emaciated beggar) & then we'll get some minimal nourishment during spring practice. As much as this team disappointed this season, I already miss them.

Then to add insult to injury: Last night I watched RGIII (who UConn is 2-0 against lifetime) torch the Giants defense, both with his feet, & his passing to Colts castoff Pierre Garcon. Hasn't been a good week.

Well, we'll still have the Spring Game at the Rent, which is always a good time if you can make it up there. But I understand the sentiment and I'm right there with you. There's only so many times that I can re-watch the Huskies Power Hours that I have DVR'ed from SNY...

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Yeah, but we usually have hoop to fall back on. Not this year.

I'm still excited about the hoops team, and I like how they are continuing to fight this season. Granted, they won't be able to give us anything in most of March or April...

Reaction Score
Likewise. Sadly realignment has sucked the joy out of the last two seasons for me. Knowing that Pitt, SU, RU, and Louisville and West Virginia are soon to be ex conference partners or already gone is depressing.

We are what is left of the big east we joined.

Reaction Score
Likewise. Sadly realignment has sucked the joy out of the last two seasons for me. Knowing that Pitt, SU, RU, and Louisville and West Virginia are soon to be ex conference partners or already gone is depressing.

We are what is left of the big east we joined.

My feeling exactly. I am relieved not to have to watch the Pasqualoni's embarrass this once proud program anymore. Realignment has robbed us of all that was being built. Its' wrong and it needs to be fixed, by Congress if necessary. Pauly P, different story. That's on UConn and could be fixed immdiately. He needs to go.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm still excited about the hoops team, and I like how they are continuing to fight this season. ...

Yeah, but fighting with each other doesn't count.

Reaction Score
Actually I'm looking forward to some interesting Bowl Games. They haven't totally screwed that up yet but they will. But even if the ACC loses every game it won't wipe away the bitter pill we've had to swallow this year. Without changes there's no reason to get excited about next year. Unfortunately I'll continue to watch the train-wreck because it's our train they're wrecking.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Yeah, but fighting with each other doesn't count.

C'mon, my friend! 6-1 with a trophy already in the case and our only loss is to an undefeated top25 team where we had every chance to win? This team is doing well. Much better than most people expected, actually, and as well as I had hoped for and envisioned. Hopefully they take care of business tonight against yet another top25 team, but the real fun is going to start soon when we go through "Murderer's Row" (a.k.a., the Big East schedule)...

Reaction Score
C'mon, my friend! 6-1 with a trophy already in the case and our only loss is to an undefeated top25 team where we had every chance to win? This team is doing well. Much better than most people expected, actually, and as well as I had hoped for and envisioned. Hopefully they take care of business tonight against yet another top25 team, but the real fun is going to start soon when we go through "Murderer's Row" (a.k.a., the Big East schedule)...

OK then win tonight. Not interested in Quinnipiac and New Hampshire winss (those better just happen). Let's see if UConn can beat an ACC team.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
OK then win tonight. Not interested in Quinnipiac and New Hampshire winss (those better just happen). Let's see if UConn can beat an ACC team.

Did you read the part in my post where I said, "Hopefully they take care of business tonight against yet another top25 team"??

Also, you mentioned Quinnipiac and New Hampshire but didn't say anything about beating Michigan State on a neutral site. Convenient...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom