UConn Pro Day coming up (3/21/18) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn Pro Day coming up (3/21/18)

Reaction Score

>>“I had a great experience on Pro Day,” Reyes said. “I did the workouts and just had fun being out there with my teammates, doing all the drills. It was a good atmosphere. A couple of the guys came back, like Anthony (Sherman), who came out a year before me. It was awesome having the guys come back and I wanted to try and bring back that tradition, having guys come back to look out for some of the guys going through it now. I’m proud to be a fellow Husky cheering them on. Coach Edsall has been so inviting for all the former players to come back in. It feels like home again.”

”It’s great having Randy back,” Sherman added. “I think the program will completely turn around from where it has been the last couple of years. I’m just excited to be proud of UConn again.”

Which is exactly the kind of culture Edsall wants to revive among former Huskies.

“It’s great to see guys come back who have been through it,” he said. “That’s one of the things we want to get done in the program, to have these guys come back. For Anthony and Kendall to come down and be here today says a lot about believing in the program and showing support.”<<

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Received a text from someone close to the situation....

“Just hung up with Agent. We are pointing at Trying out for the NE PATRIOTS as an Undrafted free Agent deal, that Arkeel shows up to Rookie Minicamp and try to earn a spot on the 53 man roster or practice Squad! Other teams from now until the draft can come into play! Team Newsome #22”

“They weren't happy with the 40 time obviously but they like the way he runs routes and the possibility of him being a slot back or special team(returner)”

“Also worked him out as a receiver”

Reaction Score
Scouts are interesting folks. A Falcon’s scout I met at the airport after our game vs Maryland a few years ago had no idea who won the game or what the score was. He was there only to watch and track the every move of just three players. That’s all he knew about at games end. (After some prodding he told me who they were.)
I also once met a Redskins scout at one of our games at the Rent and was surprised when he told me if you’re good (or show potential) you’ll be noticed on film—even if you don’t play well (or at all) in the game! Some receivers for example who don’t get thrown to during games are still watched and scrutinized to an amazing degree. There’s a micro management, needle in a haystack process going on that allows players in obscure places to be discovered. A good example is first year Patriots Tight End Coach Nick Caley. The last two years he was the asst TE Coach. According to reports, he mentioned yesterday that he’s been watching film on Tommy Meyers for two years!

Reaction Score
Both would be a great second TE like Hernandez was before everything went down.
You're joking, right??? I'm not a big fan of what Hernandez did, but from a purely football perspective the guy was an All Pro and arguably the best player at his position in the league until things went south. I hope Myers and Bloom do well and find a home in the NFL for many years, but to put them in the same sentence as a 4th round draft pick is a bit silly.

It’s very likely neither will be drafted.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom