With three days left, who are the remaining kids we're looking to get? | The Boneyard

With three days left, who are the remaining kids we're looking to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Now that Crozier, Atkins, and Diggs are in the fold, the question remains: Whose next? Currently there are 15 commitments (not including Bradford). It doesn't seem like another lineman is going to come in (but I won't be surprised to see Derek Allen get an offer and commitment), so where are we leaning with so little time left?

Otis Kearney. Safety from Tom's River, NJ. 247 has him listed as a 3* recruit, with a composite score of 80; ESPN has him graded as a 3* recruit (78), and listed as the number 16 prospect in NJ. The notable offers he has are from Michigan State and Indiana as well as Uconn.

The one I'm interested in because we have an offer out, and we don't have much chatter or info on is Vashon Tucker from Eastern Christian Academy in Maryland. His other offers are Rutgers, Hawaii, and UCLA. Listed by 247 as a 2*, but his composite score is .8297 (3*). Rivals lists him as a 3* prospect (#31 in MD), as well as ESPN (74: 3*).

I'm putting it out there for the recruiting gurus (here's to you huskymedic ;)): Who am I missing? Who are the targets that I should be focusing in on as the recruiting cycle starts to wind down?

Reaction Score
Except it almost sounds like Bradford ain't coming. This may be the kid that replaces him or was that Crozier? This kid could be a center.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Except it almost sounds like Bradford ain't coming. This may be the kid that replaces him or was that Crozier? This kid could be a center.

That's true. I had forgotten that the OL number went down if Bradford didn't sign, which it looks more and more like that is going to be the case.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Now that Crozier, Atkins, and Diggs are in the fold, the question remains: Whose next? Currently there are 15 commitments (not including Bradford). It doesn't seem like another lineman is going to come in (but I won't be surprised to see Derek Allen get an offer and commitment), so where are we leaning with so little time left?

Otis Kearney. Safety from Tom's River, NJ. 247 has him listed as a 3* recruit, with a composite score of 80; ESPN has him graded as a 3* recruit (78), and listed as the number 16 prospect in NJ. The notable offers he has are from Michigan State and Indiana as well as Uconn.

The one I'm interested in because we have an offer out, and we don't have much chatter or info on is Vashon Tucker from Eastern Christian Academy in Maryland. His other offers are Rutgers, Hawaii, and UCLA. Listed by 247 as a 2*, but his composite score is .8297 (3*). Rivals lists him as a 3* prospect (#31 in MD), as well as ESPN (74: 3*).

I'm putting it out there for the recruiting gurus (here's to you huskymedic ;)): Who am I missing? Who are the targets that I should be focusing in on as the recruiting cycle starts to wind down?

I think we have space for four more kids before we run into greyshirt issues.
Kearney, Tucker, Wingate and a punter or kicker sounds good. Another DT would be nice too.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Don't fill spots to just fill them though.

I would rather hold onto the scholarships until next year then just hand them out. I would like another wide out and corner in this class, but it is not imperative

Reaction Score
CA WR Don'yeh Patterson and CA DE Julian Rochelin are still uncommitted and both had rumored UConn interest in them.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
CA WR Don'yeh Patterson and CA DE Julian Rochelin are still uncommitted and both had rumored UConn interest in them.

I expect both to stay out west. Patterson visited Washington on the 31st and Rochelin has offers from SDSU and Boise St.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
I expect both to stay out west. Patterson visited Washington on the 31st and Rochelin has offers from SDSU and Boise St.

To add on to that, Rochelin has definite offers and SDSU(took an official there as well) and Boise St. Miami and Duke are close to offering and USC is also interested.

Reaction Score
I hope we're holding an ace for signing day and can get a guy who opens up late or loses his seat at one of the bigs. Would still like to pull in a guy who can step in at OL but those slots are mostly full. Huskyblooz list looks about right.

Reaction Score
Don't fill spots to just fill them though.

I would rather hold onto the scholarships until next year then just hand them out. I would like another wide out and corner in this class, but it is not imperative

Agreed. Diaco made reference to this in one of his interviews. I'd rather give this staff a full year to fill open spots rather than fill them for the sake of filling them.

Reaction Score
I dont want a body or 2 for the sake of a body, but I also dont want to see years where we recruit 25+ kids followed by one where we recruit 15. Somewhere there is a happy medium between getting classes more even in terms of size and attracting players now that you believe can develop in 3-4 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom