With the UConn Football spring session closed, Randy Edsall encouraged by progress (Mike Anthony) | The Boneyard

With the UConn Football spring session closed, Randy Edsall encouraged by progress (Mike Anthony)

Reaction Score

>>"The best compliment I can give Randy is he's a professional," athletic director David Benedict said Friday during halftime. "He's an experienced head coach, 17 years of head-coaching experience, and he's bringing all that to bear as he's putting together this program. As Randy said before, getting this program back to where it used to be is a process, and Randy is all about that process.

"I think he's got a great group of assistant coaches, and he's letting them coach. The difference between how Randy is managing the program versus how it was being managed previously, it's different. You can do it both ways and be successful, but Randy is that true CEO head coach and he allows his coordinators to direct their sides of the ball and he is really focused on specific things."<<

Reaction Score
What an incredible quote. Crazy that Randy now has 17 years experience at HC and now has true NFL experience/connections. Love what was said re: Randy running things like a true executive. Delegating accordingly and letting his officers take care of their jobs. No micromanaging.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
What an incredible quote. Crazy that Randy now has 17 years experience at HC and now has true NFL experience/connections. Love what was said re: Randy running things like a true executive. Delegating accordingly and letting his officers take care of their jobs. No micromanaging.
That's someone who's comfortable in their own skin and not paranoid.

Reaction Score
P was a non-micromanager as well. Just saying . . .

I actually think it's a mistake to say that Edsall isn't a micromanager. He is. So are about 95% of successful college football coaches.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

He had NFL experience the first time. He was on Coughlin's staff in Jacksonville.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
P was a non-micromanager as well. Just saying . . .

I actually think it's a mistake to say that Edsall isn't a micromanager. He is. So are about 95% of successful college football coaches.

He also personally plucked GDF. Next. :)

Reaction Score
I think successful managers know when and where to micro manage. Sometimes it is necessary other times not. If you do it all the time you get overwhelmed.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
One needs to recognize the difference between variance in execution that leads to the same desired result vs variance in execution that leads to differing and undesired results.

In football terms, the difference between knowing that a ball control run oriented offense is your best chance to win vs calling your 2nd fake FG in a game or forfeiting kick returns as a necessary part of winning football.

Reaction Score
Blah, Blah, Blah, ..Blah....Blah we haven't seen any of these O-linemen block anyone other than a defensive teammate that was told "Don't hurt anyone!". No one can judge how Edsall is doing until he does it to other conference teams. From what I've seen so far, to be honest, not enough fight in the dog.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Blah, Blah, Blah, ..Blah....Blah we haven't seen any of these O-linemen block anyone other than a defensive teammate that was told "Don't hurt anyone!". No one can judge how Edsall is doing until he does it to other conference teams. From what I've seen so far, to be honest, not enough fight in the dog.
So which is it? Can a judgement be made ("...not enough fight in the dog.") or not ("No one can judge how Edsall is doing until...")?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom