With The Benefit Of Hindsight... | The Boneyard

With The Benefit Of Hindsight...

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I am a bit confused about your question. Is there something that happened that would make a person change their mind about that topic? If one thinks that losing to Baylor was a good thing, and I am not saying it was, what has transpired to make you feel that opinion would have changed? They had a blowout win wherein nearly everyone played well, followed by an ugly win where the starters were overconfident, disinterested, lazy, or some such thing. I do not see a pattern that could have been prompted by the Baylor result. Help me to see, my stony friend! :)

Reaction Score
I am a bit confused about your question. Is there something that happened that would make a person change their mind about that topic? If one thinks that losing to Baylor was a good thing, and I am not saying it was, what has transpired to make you feel that opinion would have changed? They had a blowout win wherein nearly everyone played well, followed by an ugly win where the starters were overconfident, disinterested, lazy, or some such thing. I do not see a pattern that could have been prompted by the Baylor result. Help me to see, my stony friend! :)
I for one have changed. I never will believe a loss is good--yes you may learn from it but win is better, and you can learn things from it..
The presser after the recent Fla game (don't want to be caught in the FSU USF debacle) My attitude is pro-Geno, pro bench, pro starting 5. Previously I was pro starting 5.
The wear and tear on the Starting 5 and Geno have never EVER been so damaging the only thing worse would be physical injuries.
So, I won't vow that I won't hit a negative comment here and there but Geno and this team never ever needed our support more They HAVE EARNED that.
Baylor showed talent, guts, and determination alone cannot beat a very tall (at all positions) defensively aggressive talented team. There is no shame in losing to that. Defecation occurs

Precisely my point @Bama fan . You play the stinkiest game in recent UConn history at Baylor and two games later you are" overconfident, disinterested, lazy or some such thing."
There had been no games with superior height, talent at nearly every position an effective bench. They were not outplayed they were OUT sized. So there were no indicators that Uconn would have problems (we should have had an inkling). Some were shocked. Uconn nor Geno are infallible. With effectively, then, no bench no subs--golly miss molly this group darn near won that game--came back at least twice. Amazing.
Positives make the realities of a loss more acceptable, not great. It was NOT the stinkest game--it was a hard played game. 5 very tired kids mentally, emotionally, physically deserve better especially from us who call ourselves fans. Geno is exhausted and the negative are wearing him down and the kids feel that--Geno isn't the Geno of last year--how can he be?? It has hit the fan and there is no going back to fix it.

Reaction Score
Who among you who thought the Baylor loss was a good thing think that now??

let's see how UConn handles the Louisville and South Carolina games where they will be really tested..............if they play lackluster ball up till these games but play great against those two teams then maybe it was a good thing................only time will tell..............

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
let's see how UConn handles the Louisville and South Carolina games where they will be really tested....if they play lackluster ball up till these games but play great against those two teams then maybe it was a good thing......only time will tell....
Louisville, maybe, South Caroline? NFW. The only ranked team SC has beat this year was #21 Texas AM at the time. Since their 4th loss, they have played the powerful Appalachia, Purdue, Furman, Temple, Texas AM, Alabama, Florida and LSU. Not exactly murderers row. Up next is Miss St and then the must see Mizzou game. Then, if SC is still winning, then I might believe they’re legit. ;)

Reaction Score
Louisville, maybe, South Caroline? NFW. The only ranked team SC has beat this year was #21 Texas AM at the time. Since their 4th loss, they have played the powerful Appalachia, Purdue, Furman, Temple, Texas AM, Alabama, Florida and LSU. Not exactly murderers row. Up next is Miss St and then the must see Mizzou game. Then, if SC is still winning, then I might believe they’re legit. ;)

judging by UConn's close encounters with St Johns and Oklahoma, South Carolina could be a decent challenge...................heck UCF could possibly create some problems with their physical play..........

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
judging by UConn's close encounters with St Johns and Oklahoma, South Carolina could be a decent challenge....heck UCF could possibly create some problems with their physical play.....

I agree, SC is looking better in several categories and there is no team that is motivated to beat US more than SC so we better bring our A game. The same goes without saying for Louisville.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
judging by UConn's close encounters with St Johns and Oklahoma, South Carolina could be a decent challenge....heck UCF could possibly create some problems with their physical play.....
St.Johns, Oklahoma and Cal were road games. USF was a good pal of Geno's who everyone knew was out-manned, hence the line shift in the 1st quarter. SC is at home against the new National Coach. There is ZERO chance this team won't be up for that game.

Charlie-your passion and recruit prospect knowledge is awesome but Is the glass ALWAYS half empty with the notion that someone might have spit in it with you about this team? I mean you bring the idiom "lurking around every corner" to a new level of despair! Cheer up, this team will surprise us! ;)

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
I agree, SC is looking better in several categories and there is no team that is motivated to beat US more than SC so we better bring our A game. The same goes without saying for Louisville.
Just who, exactly has SC beaten since their 4th loss that warrants such concern? As I noted the only team of substance they beat was an overranked Texas A&M. I guess it's great they won 8 games against #174 App St, #40 Purdue, #220 Temple, #307 Furman, #35 Texas AM, #121 Alabama, #186 Florida and #48 LSU but for me, I am not worried about SC...geez, I am worried about some of my fellow posters who are now qualified to vote in the AP as they seem to not want to use stats or logic in their assessments of teams. :rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom