With Friends Like This | The Boneyard

With Friends Like This

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Geno in the old days would massage the pre-conference schedule - you know, when our conference was the best conference in the land. Now, different story. So Nuyoika put this up for the Gamecocks to look at and it is worthy of poaching and posting here:

Check it out: Pre-Season Non Conf Top 10 vs Top 10

ND (1): Playing- UConn(4).

Stanford(10): Play Texas(6).

UCLA(9): Playing- Baylor(5), South Carolina(3)

tOSU(8): Playing- South Carolina(3), UConn(4)

Maryland(7): Playing- Louisville(2), UConn(4)

Texas(6): Playing- Stanford(10), South Carolina(3), UConn(4)

Baylor(5): Playing- UCLA(9), UConn(4)

Uconn(4): Playing- tOSU(8), Maryland(7), Texas(6), Baylor(5), SCar(3), ND(1)

SCar(3): Playing- UCLA(9), tOSU(8), Texas(6), UConn(4), Louisville(2)

Louisville: Playing- Maryland(7), SCar(3)

I can just hear Geno thinking: "How do you temper steel?" May we think this a wise idea after December.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Where was Louisville #2?

Nice listing - and it would look even more interesting with OOC top 10 vs. 25 because that is one of my issues - too many of the top teams cram their OOC with as Doug put it the bottom of the D1 food chain. I understand that they play in stronger conferences but at least half of those conference games are pretty dreadful as well and for top ten teams only a few conference games are actually challenging. Uconn and ND in the glory days of the BE were unchallenged except by each other in conference games and at least they always played twice - SC, who is really going to challenge them in conference? Maryland and Ohio State? Baylor and Texas? ND? The Pac12 is I think going to be a dog fight because none of the teams has really separated and there are maybe four with a legitimate shot at the conference crown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#
Top Bottom