With a shiny new locker room and no plan... | The Boneyard

With a shiny new locker room and no plan...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The board is set to vote today on leaving the AAC. It's a foregone conclusion.

Even if you are for this move in principle, and you still love the football program you should cry foul if the school doesn't lay out some sort of concrete and unambiguous plan to keep the football program growing and getting back to some sort of competitiveness.

Otherwise it's a slap in the face to every donor, Season ticket holders and fan who supported this thing over the years in even just the good times. How on earth can they ever ask us for anything again if they are intentionally putting this place on the path to failure?

Get to work Benedict and Herbst; you clowns. I think I loathe these people more than Hathaway.

It is so easy to be even mediocre bad in a conference like the AAC and with our resources. But they couldn't even give us that.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
It is so easy to be even mediocre bad in a conference like the AAC and with our resources. But they couldn't even give us that.

It should've been easier, but PP/BD saw to it that it wasn't. Now it's not so easy because those "resources" you mentioned, other than the physical assets already built, simply aren't there for sustainability.

I would imagine that at some point in the near future, the incredible amount of subsidies from students would effect enrollment. And that, not football, has always got to be the #1 consideration for the future.

I do hope football lands on its feet, but the administration had to do something, like it or not. And this is something.

Reaction Score
It should've been easier, but PP/BD saw to it that it wasn't. Now it's not so easy because those "resources" you mentioned, other than the physical assets already built, simply aren't there for sustainability.

I would imagine that at some point in the near future, the incredible amount of subsidies from students would effect enrollment. And that, not football, has always got to be the #1 consideration for the future.

I do hope football lands on its feet, but the administration had to do something, like it or not. And this is something.

Part of the problem with PP & Red Pants was their lack of recruiting acumen while in Storrs. HCRE had a pipeline in Quebec, Florida, Penn., that they disregarded. He is rebuilding those ties, but the results might not be evident immediately on the playing field as he redshirts his incoming class.

Reaction Score
I'm not really sold that the school doesn't have a plan for football. I think they know but aren't going to admit that it's a slow death over years. nobody wants to be the one who actually killed the program and the be held to the hundreds of millions of $'s invested in the programs and facilities.

Benedict and Herbst will put some temp plan in place for a year and sell it like everyone is still behind football. Yet, we'll still have a coach woefully underpaid, a staff that is barely FBS worthy, and we're going to put them up against some of the best programs to basically get slaughtered for a payday. Benedict will be gone in a year and then it will be someone else's issue. He will be isolated from this and move to a new school by the time the FB program is actually deep 6'd.

Then you'll have people debating whether Benedict actually killed the program or left because the school didn't support his plans. It will muddy his legacy as the man who killed FB and let him be the guy who got Uconn back to BE.

Reaction Score
Benedict and Herbst will put some temp plan in place for a year and sell it like everyone is still behind football. Benedict will be gone in a year and then it will be someone else's issue. He will be isolated from this and move to a new school by the time the FB program is actually deep 6'd. It will muddy his legacy as the man who killed FB and let him be the guy who got Uconn back to BE.

This sounds like a plot line from a Machiavellian treatise.

Reaction Score
I believe they have a plan but it has to be on the back burner sort of speak. The Big East likely wants all the press to be about our basketball teams and what it will bring to a basketball league only.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
They’ll say they have a plan and they are committed to football, and I imagine that will satisfy exactly no one.

We still don’t know if the plan is “wither and die” or “lets make some lemonade and be a strong regional player”... I hope it’s the latter but only time will tell. It’s the more difficult path, that’s for sure.

Reaction Score
Benedict has a plan. He will do what Lou Perkins did when the going got tough and announce he is leaving UConn for a "football" school. I set the over/under for this announcement at 2 months. Let the next AD deal with trying to piece together a football schedule as an Independent.

Reaction Score
I'm not really sold that the school doesn't have a plan for football. I think they know but aren't going to admit that it's a slow death over years. nobody wants to be the one who actually killed the program and the be held to the hundreds of millions of $'s invested in the programs and facilities.

Benedict and Herbst will put some temp plan in place for a year and sell it like everyone is still behind football. Yet, we'll still have a coach woefully underpaid, a staff that is barely FBS worthy, and we're going to put them up against some of the best programs to basically get slaughtered for a payday. Benedict will be gone in a year and then it will be someone else's issue. He will be isolated from this and move to a new school by the time the FB program is actually deep 6'd.

Then you'll have people debating whether Benedict actually killed the program or left because the school didn't support his plans. It will muddy his legacy as the man who killed FB and let him be the guy who got Uconn back to BE.
I think the sources who said we have no plan for football are lacking information because Fox is already seemingly helping us.

Reaction Score
I think the sources who said we have no plan for football are lacking information because Fox is already seemingly helping us.

We might play 8-9 I-AAs in 2020. Or play Liberty twice, that is if they are available.

Reaction Score

They aren't and don't plan to.

But keep hope alive, right?

Reaction Score
You don’t think FOX has 6 staffers working round the clock on UConn’s schedule? I bet they have a whole department just dedicated to UConn now. We’re like a conference of our own. A one man wolf pack.

Nope. They wanted our bball programs.

Now that they've got us, the football team is a ghost to them.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Benedict has a plan. He will do what Lou Perkins did when the going got tough and announce he is leaving UConn for a "football" school. I set the over/under for this announcement at 2 months. Let the next AD deal with trying to piece together a football schedule as an Independent.
Prophetic. Nobody thinks the ghost (AD Dave) will skamper. You may be on to something.

Reaction Score
Let’s start paying players to play just for fun... I wanna win a natty before we go too far below the redline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom