Wisky comes back to beat RU | The Boneyard

Wisky comes back to beat RU

Reaction Score
Tough first year for our pal Marisa, but they picked up their first B10 win today.
Rutgers jumped out to 19-7 lead after one, and led 37-30 after 3. But the Badgers dominated the 4th quarter and won 49-45!

Not that this is RU of old. With CVS off for the year, the SKs are pretty bad -- now 0-7 in BiG play.

Still congrats to Marisa!

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Tough first year for our pal Marisa, but they picked up their first B10 win today.
Rutgers jumped out to 19-7 lead after one, and led 37-30 after 3. But the Badgers dominated the 4th quarter and won 49-45!

Not that this is RU of old. With CVS off for the year, the SKs are pretty bad -- now 0-7 in BiG play.

Still congrats to Marisa!
It might be one of the reasons that CVS took the year off. She knew how bad they were going to be and didn't want to go through the pain.:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
When I read the title of this thread, I thought to myself "Wisky"? There's a kid named "Wisky", I like her already and I don't know a thing about her. A great name would be Amber Wisky.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
It might be one of the reasons that CVS took the year off. She knew how bad they were going to be and didn't want to go through the pain.:rolleyes:
While everything I know I learned by reading the Rutgers message board - but apparently there is a fair amount of talent on the team, mostly arriving through the transfer portal. Whether they make up for the departure of Guirantes, Johnson and the other players from last year is I suspect debatable. According to the Rutgers pundits (who don't generally like CVS) the interim coach is a disaster.

I am sure they would be "better" "with" CVS. As most on the RU board have decided, I think it is time to move on from the current regime. CVS has a generous contract that permits her reassignment to an administrative role at the same salary (about 1 million a year), for another 4 years.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
When I read the title of this thread, I thought to myself "Wisky"? There's a kid named "Wisky", I like her already and I don't know a thing about her. A great name would be Amber Wisky.
In my high school, there really WAS a kid named "Whiskey". His real name was Bill W________ (don't want to fully identify him here), but our freshman math teacher decided that his full name was too hard to pronounce, so he decided to call him Whiskey. Never has a nickname better suited a personality -- Whiskey had a bartender's personality, genial and with a near-infinite appetite to listen to other people's diatribes.

Whiskey was also about 6-3 and 250 pounds as a high school freshman. He didn't initially plan to play high school football, but after the coaches got on him about that, he became the middle guard on the team's defensive line. As the coach in our senior year said to a local reporter, "Teams don't run our middle much." Seeing that quote in the newspaper got Whiskey more angry than anything else that happened to him in high school, since the season had just begun and he was sure that every other team would be "running our middle" just to prove that the coach was wrong.

His SAT's were very high, and he ended up going to Yale on a scholarship.

Reaction Score
Marisa's Badgers picked up 2nd BIG10 win today, 69-57 over Penn State.
Saw they were leading. Man I'm really surprised that neither Coquese nor the Marquette coach has been able to turn PSU around.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom