Wish we had 2011 video of Joe Moorhead w PP & GDL | The Boneyard

Wish we had 2011 video of Joe Moorhead w PP & GDL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That's the point I don't get in the last few years. That's where we went off the rails.

You have McEntee, Box, McCummings, Nebrich & Blake Driscoll in the Quarterback meeting. And ... they decide to play McEntee. McCummings as the running Wildcat. You look at that & you'd think (in hindsight of course) that it was a very poor job of evaluating QB what you had walking into the HC slot the previous January.

Here we have Joe Moorhead, discussed widely in the last day as a possible Pitt coach, and he has to talk down the knuckleheads to go with an offense led by a limited McEntee (and then he takes Nebrich to heights of Bronx).

Truthfully ... when you look through the OLine of 2011 & a solid contingency of WRs (lots of talent), what gives me heartburn always was NO Robbie Frey. Lyle McCombs was always a complimentary kid. If you have any capability, that Team that was left to PP was capable of 7+ wins. (lots on D too)

This is the point.

Reaction Score
That's the point I don't get in the last few years. That's where we went off the rails.

You have McEntee, Box, McCummings, Nebrich & Blake Driscoll in the Quarterback meeting. And ... they decide to play McEntee. McCummings as the running Wildcat. You look at that & you'd think (in hindsight of course) that it was a very poor job of evaluating QB what you had walking into the HC slot the previous January.

Here we have Joe Moorhead, discussed widely in the last day as a possible Pitt coach, and he has to talk down the knuckleheads to go with an offense led by a limited McEntee (and then he takes Nebrich to heights of Bronx).

Truthfully ... when you look through the OLine of 2011 & a solid contingency of WRs (lots of talent), what gives me heartburn always was NO Robbie Frey. Lyle McCombs was always a complimentary kid. If you have any capability, that Team that was left to PP was capable of 7+ wins. (lots on D too)

This is the point.
Tis the season...You must be the Masochist of Christmas past...No vid of PP or GDL please...We have had enough nightmares this year. :eek:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Well Mike Box played once and almost got killed. You can't run a legitimate offense with McCummings. Blake Driscoll transfered from Trinity?

So Mike Nebrich was a good FCS quarterback. Maybe he would have been passible at the FBS level - but do you really not think Whitmer wouldn't have dominated the Patriot League?

As bad as Pasqualoni was.. the idea that Mike Nebrich would have changed the trajectory of the program is pretty funny.

Reaction Score
Well Mike Box played once and almost got killed. You can't run a legitimate offense with McCummings. Blake Driscoll transfered from Trinity?

So Mike Nebrich was a good FCS quarterback. Maybe he would have been passible at the FBS level - but do you really not think Whitmer wouldn't have dominated the Patriot League?

As bad as Pasqualoni was.. the idea that Mike Nebrich would have changed the trajectory of the program is pretty funny.
I don't at all. He couldn't dominate at the Juco level or in the AAC which many think is a cake walk. And he couldn't hack it at Illinois of all places.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I don't at all. He couldn't dominate at the Juco level or in the AAC which many think is a cake walk. And he couldn't hack it at Illinois of all places.

You might note that the AAC and Big 10 are better than the Patriot League?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

This is the point.

Reading this post makes it dang near impossible not to get your blood boiling. I'm fixin' to go for a half mile walk, dig up my dog and kick her just to feel better.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
As are your comments.

Yes I'm the one saying Chandler Whitmer wouldn't be a good FCS or non-scholarship FCS level quarterback.

That's me saying Whitmer wouldn't be successful at ANY level. I'm sure he couldn't be successful at Williams or at Wesleyan or at Trinity.

Maybe you can stop licking Diaco's taint long enough to realize how idiotic your statements are.

Reaction Score
whaler11 said:
Yes I'm the one saying Chandler Whitmer wouldn't be a good FCS or non-scholarship FCS level quarterback.

Successful? Yes. Dominant? No.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Which is basically what I was saying, but he just didn't get it.

You said anywhere at any level of competition. So sorry if I don't 'get' what you say when you say something different than what you mean.

Reaction Score
Whitmer probably succeeds at the FCS level. But it still depends on his offensive line. A bad line and he probably doesn't play well. He tends to panic and run. But with a clean pocket, he probably tears up the Patriot league.

The reason CC did well behind the same line that CW failed is that Casey stood in and took the shot but got the ball out to the right guy.

Reaction Score
You said anywhere at any level of competition. So sorry if I don't 'get' what you say when you say something different than what you mean.
I said he wouldn't be dominant, not that he wouldn't be successful.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I said he wouldn't be dominant, not that he wouldn't be successful.

And like I pointed out it's stupid to say he wouldn't be dominant at lower levels. Have you ever seen an NEC or NESCAC game?

Reaction Score

Nebrich played lights out in games against Temple and Army. The kid can run, hit WRs in stride, and most of all kids believe in him. As a true freshman he had seniors like Mike Smith, tweeting they wished they arrived in the same class together.

We will never know but since we are all guessing anyway, my guess is he would have been far better here than both Whitmer and Boyle.

Reaction Score
Edsall left a horrible recruiting class and took off. P & Co. made it worse.

We have to just get over it.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Anyone who believes that Whitmer would not dominate at the 1-AA level is ridiculous.

It's amazing how much crap this kid has caught since he's been here and continues to catch now that he's done with his UConn career. If you don't think that the kid would have put up big numbers against the likes of Rhode Island, Columbia, Georgetown, Bucknell, and Lafayette after having demonstrated that he can have good games against UCF, ECU, Maryland, and Michigan, well then you are an idiot. Plain and simple. You're an idiot. My God, the kid would have had 100 yards a game with his feet alone at the 1-AA level. He was practically OUR leading rusher this year, for crying out loud!

Sorry for the vitriol, but I've grown beyond tired of people killing a kid who was one of the very few reasons why we had any offense at all this year. Give it a rest...

Reaction Score
Not much different around here ... beside whaler11 calling several stupid or implying that was the case.

Moorhead is obviously a better Offensive mind than GDL & proved it some before when he was at UConn & has done a great job at Fordham. Using Mike Nebrich on the field, he really ran a great offense. It would have been more successful on our schedule than what we saw.

The point is that GDL & PP instantly took off in another direction. Moorhead's insight in the McEntee versus Nebrich competition would have been interesting. But, even with that ... given those 5 QBs ... I am certain Randy Edsall would have brought in a 6th (like a Lorenzen). I bet Moorhead knew that was the path too. In my head, this was a clear distinction (probably with lots of filmwatching) why UConn Football veered off the level. With Diaco? It's about the offense in CFB today. We are not going to ever be back to Cincinnati's level or ... 4/5 others. Paxton Lynch is the number ONE reason Memphis went from 3-9 to 9-3; we haven't got that guy playing in game 12 this year - for sure. Casey Cochran --- is like CHARLEY on the MTA.

Nebrich? Patriot League guy? I think not. I think he could have been a solid guy at our level.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
It's about the offense in CFB today. We are not going to ever be back to Cincinnati's level or ... 4/5 others. Paxton Lynch is the number ONE reason Memphis went from 3-9 to 9-3; we haven't got that guy playing in game 12 this year - for sure. Casey Cochran --- is like CHARLEY on the MTA.

So Paxton Lynch is the number ONE reason that Memphis went from 3-9 to 9-3? Because he's way better than that guy who QB'ed them during the 3-9 year. What was that guy's name? Oh yeah...Paxton Lynch... :rolleyes:

Or maybe the number one reason that Memphis turned it around is that they stuck with a QB, allowed him to grow into their offensive philosophy, and allowed the OLine and other offensive players to do the same. Perhaps THAT might have been the number ONE reason? Hmm...

Reaction Score
UConnDan97 said:
Anyone who believes that Whitmer would not dominate at the 1-AA level is ridiculous. It's amazing how much crap this kid has caught since he's been here and continues to catch now that he's done with his UConn career. If you don't think that the kid would have put up big numbers against the likes of Rhode Island, Columbia, Georgetown, Bucknell, and Lafayette after having demonstrated that he can have good games against UCF, ECU, Maryland, and Michigan, well then you are an idiot. Plain and simple. You're an idiot. My God, the kid would have had 100 yards a game with his feet alone at the 1-AA level. He was practically OUR leading rusher this year, for crying out loud! Sorry for the vitriol, but I've grown beyond tired of people killing a kid who was one of the very few reasons why we had any offense at all this year. Give it a rest...

I like the kid. He would not have dominated the FCS level. Full stop.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
I like the kid. He would not have dominated the FCS level. Full stop.

He would have done exactly what Nebrich is doing. Period.

Reaction Score
He would have done exactly what Nebrich is doing. Period.
People hav varying opinions. You have yours. I have mine. Doesn't make anyone stupid or an idiot. That's it and that's all. No one is saying he sucks or kicking him while he is down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom