Wish List | The Boneyard

Wish List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i'll put this here so you can get rid off that thread i started days ago about nothing.

-chatroom
-no dyson threads
-a smiley face that will be specific - used just as a Randys face so ppl stop typing out all of these different FHC USNS SKIWl labels...

oh and my 2 cents:

Uconn Athletics
uconn football
uconn football recruiting
uconn bball
uconn bball recruiting
uconn Wbball
uconn Wbball recruiting
jonathans house(rest of the uconn athletic dept on topic-baseball/soccer/hockey/dreams of lax/all uconn sports etcetc)
Husky Tailgating ( for the fball tailgating stuff, could be fun. also down town hartford before games and other things like bowl games bball trips) i bet it would be a hit. road trips to other places/reviews of trips etc

Off Topic-
Cpool for polotics and w/e like the old yard
Pro Sports(mlb/nfl/Soccer/nhl/ufc/nascar.... etc)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
i think it's pretty cool. one other function i'd recommend is the choice of thread view, or topic view. it was easier for me to navigate the old site that way... just my $.02 and i echo exit's suggestion for the forums...

Reaction Score
Second the chatroom suggestion, I was never a paid member at TOS"S" and always wished I could get in on the chats instead of scrolling through pages of game threads and refreshing every 2 secs.

Separate boards for recruiting is just wasted space IMO. Whenever I sneak around on other boards, their recruiting board just seems like a baron randomly used/checked wasteland. The only time/reason I could think of having a separate board for recruiting was if it was called the Andre Drummond Recruitment Forum

UConn Baseball deserves their own forum, I love reading up on my huskies, but grow tired of reading all the asinine comments by Calicuse and sinkhole. MLB should have it's own place for debate or perhaps more suitably a Pro Sports board like suggested above

Above everything else though, I just want to say Thank You for all the hard work you undoubtedly pour into this site. I wish there were more fans out there like everyone (almost everyone) I've had the pleasure of interacting with on the board, and none of this would've been possible if not for your hard work. Thanks Again! (I swear I'm normally not a total kiss ass)

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Second the chatroom suggestion, I was never a paid member at TOS"S" and always wished I could get in on the chats instead of scrolling through pages of game threads and refreshing every 2 secs.
I think people have been using TOB to differentiate it from TOS.

Reaction Score
account name longer that 15 characters (19 for AllAmericanAlienBoy)

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
-Back/Back UConn titles

- Is there a spell check button?

- How about a Grand Opening? Yes, It was grand enough with Drummond committing- but maybe a day or weekend where everyone's Encouraged to use the boards New features, pic an avatar vs the Male/Female logo. Drive's me nuts when friends on FB have no hobbey or pic. Try chat, also if/when Premium etc.

- Links to Rival schools? in a drop down

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I have tried to shut off all of the alerts that keep sending me e-mails (a lot of e-mails), but I have kept getting them. Any suggestions?

By the way, the board does look very good.

Reaction Score
I have tried to shut off all of the alerts that keep sending me e-mails (a lot of e-mails), but I have kept getting them. Any suggestions?

All I did was go to my handle drop down menu at the top right, select Contact Details, 3rd box down under Messaging Preferences is "Receive email blah blah..." uncheck it and it stopped sending me emails.

You might have already done it, but it worked for me.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

On the upper right hand side of the screen you'll see your handle. Next to your handle is an arrow for a pull down menu. Click on that and select Alert Preferences from the menu. You can customize what alerts & emails you receive.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Huskyniner: Could we have a picture icon for this site instead of just a blank page? Perhaps a small husky icon? It would look a lot better on my bookmarks toolbar.

Thanks.

zls44: I am a moron and overwrote Biff's post.

Reaction Score
Ability to hide avatars (if its here already I haven't been able to find it)

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
second the chat room if possible.

I really like the alerts.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
A dynamite option. Any time a flamer comes to the board, we put a dynamite icon over his name. If he gets X# of these, say 10, all the posts suddenly appear as flames. :cool:

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
A dynamite option. Any time a flamer comes to the board, we put a dynamite icon over his name. If he gets X# of these, say 10, all the posts suddenly appear as flames. :cool:
Awesome idea for outsiders. Gosh, if we did it too our (own) after a tough loss, with Negative Nelly responses, we may Blow the lid off this joint!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
i'll put this here so you can get rid off that thread i started days ago about nothing.Uconn Athletics
uconn football
uconn football recruiting
uconn bball
uconn bball recruiting
uconn Wbball
uconn Wbball recruiting
jonathans house(rest of the uconn athletic dept on topic-baseball/soccer/hockey/dreams of lax/all uconn
Off Topic-
Cpool for polotics and w/e like the old yard
Pro Sports(mlb/nfl/Soccer/nhl/ufc/nascar.... etc)

I gotta say, that's too many boards for me. I like MCBB. I just want to check one BB board for all the info. It's not like it is too crowded. My 2cents.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Hey Tom, one thing I would like is to see a note on the bottom of posts if they have been edited by the poster or a moderator (with requisite time stamp etc). It helps to clear things up. I've already found it confusing when people change things.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I gotta say, that's too many boards for me. I like MCBB. I just want to check one BB board for all the info. It's not like it is too crowded. My 2cents.

i have had several ppl say that, i understand and i guess one board aint bad for each. maybe set the place up like what i was talking about minus the "recruit boards"...

also, i found out you can't post long threads. i tried to copy over the ct prospects thread and it took like 5 posts to do so...

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
-Separate church and state (pro baseball from UConn baseball)

-Chat room

-Loose moderating, just like the old board. I enjoy trolls.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
In addition to the 'documented edit' feature I mentioned earlier, I think it would be great to have some little text that indicates which post a person replied to. This would kind of replace the need for thread view in a way (for some). You can obviously leave in a quote, but if someone doesn't, this would be a simple way of following a thread.

e.g. If you reply to post #10 (posted by Fishy), there could be small text on the bottom row that says "reply to Fishy - Post #10"

It's not a necessary feature, but a useful one.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Got another one!

Can we get more than one space after a period? Say two spaces? It's pretty cramped to write/read.

Reaction Score
I think at the top of the page it would be cool to have a logo with all the championships from the major sports. The Florida Gators scout board has something similar to that, with the championship trophies and years listed from their basketball and football programs. Besides, it would be cool to show off UConn's half a million NCAA championships.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'd like an icon that id's threads where you made a post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads