Wish Irwin shot more last night | The Boneyard

Wish Irwin shot more last night

Reaction Score
It seemed the offense went through her a lot when she was positioned above the foul line- she received a number of passes & would pivot and pass to teammate, but she could easily have just squared to basket for high percent shot as defender was helping down low & not paying attention. I wish she took the shot, it was open for her. After all, she is a good shooter.

Bajan Best

Decades of Excellence = Legendary
Reaction Score
I totally agree she have to at least look to shoot from the high post otherwise defenders will clog the lane. Both her and ONO, have to be effective with their jumpers at the high post.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I was wishing that she would play a little defense too.

Reaction Score
30 minutes, 1 shot, zero rebounds, what's the point? call me crazy, but I bet Adebayo would put a few more numbers in the stat sheet. gotta wonder why Geno brought her in, and she might be wondering at this point whether she should have used her precious year of eligibility somewhere else.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Irwin has earned her court time. Would suggest the number of minutes be based on match ups. Last night, there were several times she was crushed on rebounds while no Seton Hall player could keep up with Griffin. Let's not overreact to Irwin's lack of stats (just like would not overreact to her stronger games). Geno likely has her pegged in the top 8 rotation and seems to understand when and when not to use her skills.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
30 minutes, 1 shot, zero rebounds, what's the point? call me crazy, but I bet Adebayo would put a few more numbers in the stat sheet. gotta wonder why Geno brought her in, and she might be wondering at this point whether she should have used her precious year of eligibility somewhere else.
I would say that 5 assists with just 1 turnover is the point, and she has shown in other games that she can score and therefore needs to be guarded.

I'm sure that Geno also wishes that Adebayo could contribute more. He didn't bring her in for one year just to sit on the bench. But so far, she hasn't shown in practice that she merits enough of his confidence to put her in to a game that isn't decided. I'm sure that Evelyn is wondering whether she made the right move, but I don't think either she or Geno had foreseen what has happened.

Reaction Score
Geno describes Kyla's role as a distributor. Her job is to get the ball to the shooters. When she has the best shot, she's supposed to take it--that's the declared rule of the coach. But just because Husky opponents leave her open doesn't mean she should take every shot presented. It's similar to the role assigned to Christyn: concentrate on scoring, which means don't often run the point. Kyla does her job; trust Geno to know how to use her.

Reaction Score
I think a lot of it is "muscle memory". Kyla has never been a shooter. Not sure if this is by the coach's design or just her overly concentrating on the other aspecs of the game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom