OT: Wireless TV speakers

I have a window AC that is so loud I have to crank the tv sound up. With this in mind, I'm looking for a way of putting a wireless speaker closer to where I sit.

Sounds easy enough, I just don't know how to do it, or what products may be available to get this done. My roku remote has a headphone plug, so I know the sound is already being sent around the room.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Yup -- if your TV doesn't have Bluetooth built in, you'll need a Bluetooth transmitter (as linked above) and a Bluetooth speaker. BT speakers are diverse in sound quality -- if you can share how much you're willing to spend, I bet you'll pull in a lot of suggestions.

Yup -- if your TV doesn't have Bluetooth built in, you'll need a Bluetooth transmitter (as linked above) and a Bluetooth speaker. BT speakers are diverse in sound quality -- if you can share how much you're willing to spend, I bet you'll pull in a lot of suggestions.
$100 to $200 range. I just checked my tv. There are a bunch of HDMI Dolby options, and one PCM-Stereo option, but that's it - no Bluetooth.

Does a Bluetooth transmitter plug into the tv by USB or hdmi?

How do I select the Bluetooth speak? Or does it happen automatically?
For that you would go through the normal pairing instructions included with your Bose speaker. If it's in range, it should pick up that transmitter. You would just likely need an RCA stereo audio to 3.5mm adapter, which are super cheap.

How do I select the Bluetooth speak? Or does it happen automatically?
Turn your Bluetooth speaker on first and set it to scan for a device. Then start your Bluetooth transmitter...mine is (Aluratek). Your speaker will link automatically. (must start speaker scan first)

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reviews on that look rough. I looked into this a year ago and there weren't any options I found that consistently worked well and didn't cost a fortune. A small speaker amp and two decent bookshelf speakers might be the best and cheapest option.
Another option would be a cheap soundbar+subwoofer. You can get a Yas 107 for $199 and toss a cheap Polk sub ($95) in the mix if you need more thump down the road. Sound won't be as good as good bookshelves, but might solve your problem w/out the headaches of Bluetooth. I love that Polk for that price.

Soundbar:

Sub:
Amazon.com: Polk Audio PSW10 10-Inch Powered Subwoofer (Single, Black): Electronics

Another option would be a cheap soundbar+subwoofer. You can get a Yas 107 for $199 and toss a cheap Polk sub ($95) in the mix if you need more thump down the road. Sound won't be as good as good bookshelves, but might solve your problem w/out the headaches of Bluetooth. I love that Polk for that price.

Soundbar:

Sub:
Amazon.com: Polk Audio PSW10 10-Inch Powered Subwoofer (Single, Black): Electronics
I looked into that, but I'm looking for something wireless so I can have a speaker closer to where I sit.

Fishy

Puncher of Throats
There are no great options, save a sound bar and satellite speakers.

I would buy a new air-conditioner.

I looked into that, but I'm looking for something wireless so I can have a speaker closer to where I sit.
I will say, a moderate amount of power through bookshelf speakers will get it more than loud enough to be heard over an AC unit. But if you have the Bluetooth speaker, that should be pretty easy.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
If you don't want to futz with the Bluetooth, and if you can hide the cabling, another option would be to run an aux cable from the headphone jack on your TV to the aux in on your Bose. Not elegant, but the signal won't drop :)

Fishy

Puncher of Throats
If you don't want to futz with the Bluetooth, and if you can hide the cabling, another option would be to run an aux cable from the headphone jack on your TV to the aux in on your Bose. Not elegant, but the signal won't drop :)
It's such a small room...if he could hide the wiring, a sound bar and two satellite speakers behind him would actually be a pretty nice set up and would certainly solve his issues.