Winning Mentality | The Boneyard

Winning Mentality

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
As long as we develop a winner's mentality I think this team can make the NCAA Tournament. Say what you want, but the talent is in the right spots - its a mental thing.

Before the Final Four last year Niels said "We're at the Final Four, we can't lose anymore. We might as well just win."

This team needs to develop a winner's mentality. Boat has it - he said so after last night's game. This needs to diffuse to everyone on the team and I think we'll surprise people.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
CTBasketball said:
As long as we develop a winner's mentality I think this team can make the NCAA Tournament. Say what you want, but the talent is in the right spots - its a mental thing. Before the Final Four last year Niels said "We're at the Final Four, we can't lose anymore. We might as well just win." This team needs to develop a winner's mentality. Boat has it - he said so after last night's game. This needs to diffuse to everyone on the team and I think we'll surprise people.

You know what will give us a winners mentality?

Some damn wins.

I do agree with your premise, the game so much about mental confidence. We have been sorely lacking that this year. Some wins will cure that.

Reaction Score
Easier said than done. The key is simple want it more than the other team. Last night EC wanted it for the 1st half, the 2nd half the light switch flipped on.

If we don't have a winner's attitude yet, I'll settle for a 'can't lose' attitude as displayed late game yesterday, until we get it.

Reaction Score
I know it was ECU, but I feel like last night could've been the "aha" moment this team needed. In the 2nd half, everyone seemed to play a role and wasn't just waiting around for Boat to take over. I, for one, am not giving up. I think something good is about to happen for this team.

Reaction Score
That Houston loss really put a ding in our resume, we need to make a splash in the AAC tourney (obviously) if we are to have a shot at a NCAA tourney spot...

Never count us out especially in a tournament setting.

Reaction Score
Well you gotta win to be in so go win. Last years team was peaking at the right time, there is a difference in a team that has peaked vs peaking. I will be doing back flips if this team can make it into the NCAA tournament.

Reaction Score
Still think we need to win the AAC tournament to earn a bid, even if we win out. The snubbing of SMU and the under-seeding of UConn and Louisville in the tournament last year was a direct message from the selection committee.

Reaction Score
I think that if we win out (21-9 in the regular season), we'd be in decent shape for a bid. Especially if you combine that with 1 or 2 AAC tournament wins. Obviously it will help if some of our OOC opponents step it up in the final stretch of the season.

Reaction Score
As long as we develop a winner's mentality I think this team can make the NCAA Tournament. Say what you want, but the talent is in the right spots - its a mental thing.

Before the Final Four last year Niels said "We're at the Final Four, we can't lose anymore. We might as well just win."

This team needs to develop a winner's mentality. Boat has it - he said so after last night's game. This needs to diffuse to everyone on the team and I think we'll surprise people.

Not trying to put a damper on this positivity, but it is a pretty simple outcome for us at this point...win the AAC tournament and get into the NCAAs or lose during the AAC tournament and therefore no NCAA bid. We obviously have the talent to string together conference tournament wins, especially at XL, but so far we have done nothing to indicate that we will do this.

To those saying we will be in if we win out...maybe? But this realistically isn't going to happen. I would predict SMU sweeps us 2-0 before I predict we take 2 from them.

Reaction Score
The bubble is comically bad (this is the worst overall year for CBB I can remember) so we are certainly not out of it.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

If teams like NC State (14-10), Tenny (13-8 80 RPI), and Richmond (12-9) are in the conversion we can certainly play ourselves into it.

That's the thing about this year. As bad as we've been, we're not out of it because of how awful everyone is. There are almost no teams without an ugly loss or two.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
That's the thing about this year. As bad as we've been, we're not out of it because of how awful everyone is. There are almost no teams without an ugly loss or two.
Some of those ugly teams have win vs. top rated teams. We do not. I still think we win 3 in Hartford and dance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom