Wings @ Sun - 8/23/17 | The Boneyard

Wings @ Sun - 8/23/17

Reaction Score
There was a charge taken by Courtney Williams and afterwards she sprinted over to her assistant coach excitedly. It turns out that coach had offered $200 if someone took a charge. It was fun to watch.

All in all a really fun game. Good play from both teams. The Sun had good energy and great passing.

Last edited:

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Just back from the Arena. Another fun night with the Sun. JJ came up 3 rebounds short of another 20-20 game so I know it will seem odd to say, but she looks a bit worn down to be, I hope the Sun get to a point they can get her some rest before the first playoff game. Alyssa Thomas was relentless on the push and led all scorers with 23 points (and 5 assists, 7 rebounds). Good to see Shekinna Stricklen stayed hot from 3, shooting 50% (3-6).

The Wings are a pain to play against. They are quick, aggressive and have many interchangeable parts. Unlike a few other teams the Sun have played, these guys will not quit until the final horn sounds. For most of the game, the Wings were dominating the 50/50 balls, frustrating the Sun. Coach Williams has done a really great job with them and is my runner-up for COY. I would expect them to be a good team for quite a while considering their age.

Can't believe we are down to the last home game of the regular season AND we are guaranteed a home playoff game... FINALLY!! :D

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
There wad a charge taken by Courtney Williams and afterwards she sprinted over to her assistant coach excitedly. It turns out that coach had offered $200 if someone took a charge. It was fun to watch.

All in all a really fun game. Good play from both teams. The Sun had good energy and great passing.

I saw that play and Rebecca Lobo said she would get to the bottom of the reaction. I did not hear the explanation. Pretty funny. Maybe the ref want's a cut :rolleyes: Doubt it would work in the NBA. 2 million ? :rolleyes:

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
I saw that play and Rebecca Lobo said she would get to the bottom of the reaction. I did not hear the explanation. Pretty funny. Maybe the ref want's a cut :rolleyes: Doubt it would work in the NBA. 2 million ? :rolleyes:

If you have LeaguePass, you can see Rebecca interview Courtney after the game. She talks about Coach Nikki's offer. Courtney has a bit of a rep on the team for her frugality, so her reaction was awesome to see. :p

Courtney was probably dancing all night when the Sun clinched a playoff spot (worth $1103 to each player), and when they clinch the first round bye, the guaranteed bonus goes up to $2756. They're going to have to tie her down when that happens. :p

Hey Courtney... $5513 and $11025 respectively for the runner-up and champion... go for it! :D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom