Windsor's T.J. Gardner Excited For Rentschler Debut | The Boneyard

Windsor's T.J. Gardner Excited For Rentschler Debut

Reaction Score
Paxton: Windsor's T.J. Gardner Excited For Rentschler Debut

>>“I don’t know what happened, you’ll have to ask him,” UConn head coach Randy Edsall said. “Sometimes young people, it takes them a little bit longer to pick things up, but I know coach (Jon) Wholley has talked to him, I’ve talked to him ... and probably a week ago, week and a half ago, all of a sudden we’ve seen a different guy.<<

>>“You see a different guy playing faster doing the things that you thought when you recruited him that he was going to be able to do, Sometimes it takes a little longer for guys to hit their strides.”

So why is Gardner, a 2016 All-Courant linebacker, hitting his stride now? “Getting more comfortable with my assignments has allowed me to play much faster than I was last year,” he said. “The way they are teaching it is a little bit different and it allows us to be able to read and react and play fast.”<<

Reaction Score
Neill Ostrout: UConn football coach Edsall sees spark in redshirt freshman linebacker Gardner

>>The Huskies have revamped their linebacking corps this offseason after losing five different players who were starters at one point in their careers: Vontae Diggs, Junior Joseph, Chris Britton, Cam Stapleton, and E.J. Levenberry.
Edsall said he’s been pleased with the development of his current group, including Eddie Hahn, Santana Sterling, Rhakim Williams and Gardner.“They’ve played well. Jon’s done a good job with them,” Edsall said of Wholley, a former player at UConn. “They’re playing with confidence. They’re not worried about making a mistake.”<<

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
So why is Gardner, a 2016 All-Courant linebacker, hitting his stride now? “Getting more comfortable with my assignments has allowed me to play much faster than I was last year,” he said. “The way they are teaching it is a little bit different and it allows us to be able to read and react and play fast.”<<

To me, T.J. Gardner's quote indicates that this coaching staff is light years ahead of their predecessors. Hoping this young man has an excellent Rentschler debut today, and carries it all the way through the fall. Go dogs!

Reaction Score
To me, T.J. Gardner's quote indicates that this coaching staff is light years ahead of their predecessors. Hoping this young man has an excellent Rentschler debut today, and carries it all the way through the fall. Go dogs!

Why? TJ has only played for one coaching regime....the current one......If you are talking about their ability to adjust and adapt their teaching, then ok I can see that a bit but its not like he is saying that as a dig to the former staff because he never played for them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom