Windsor’s Primo Spears | The Boneyard

Windsor’s Primo Spears

Reaction Score
I admit to not knowing recruiting or prospects but last night I saw the highlights of the kid throwing down 41 as his team beat East Catholic. Skills looked amazing scoring every possible way. He didn’t play last year because of an elbow injury but he’s back in a big way. I defer to others who know about these things.

Reaction Score
Has an offer from St. Johns. Currently a 2 star recruit BUT he missed his entire Sophomore season due to injury. Huge Junior season going on now and I bet by the end of his Senior year ends up flirting with 3 & 4 stars.

Reaction Score
lower/mid major D1 prospect who is improving. Will be getting offers soon.

Reaction Score
Saw him play Wethersfiled. Very quick. Had an easy time getting the shot he wanted but in that game him missed a lot of close shots.
He got hotter in the second half and they won. Real good athlete but at that time was not clear if he was a top end scorer. Pretty sure he had good form on his shot though

Reaction Score
Saw him play Wethersfiled. Very quick. Had an easy time getting the shot he wanted but in that game him missed a lot of close shots.
He got hotter in the second half and they won. Real good athlete but at that time was not clear if he was a top end scorer. Pretty sure he had good form on his shot though
If this is the type of kid who goes to play for a mid major but torches us for 30 when he plays us maybe he would look good on our bench sorta like a “microwave”.

Reaction Score
He's a good CCC player. Bit of a headcase. Guys in the program have mentioned he isn't that hard working. He played amazing thst game-problem is last time they played he was a big reason why they lost by 20. Doesnt know when to stop shooting.

Hell get low major offers. Not a uconn level prospect.

Reaction Score
He's a good CCC player. Bit of a headcase. Guys in the program have mentioned he isn't that hard working. He played amazing thst game-problem is last time they played he was a big reason why they lost by 20. Doesnt know when to stop shooting.

Hell get low major offers. Not a uconn level prospect.

St. Johns offered him

Reaction Score
Heard Cooley was at the game (didn't see him) watching Hunter last night ... if so, I guarantee he walked away thinking Primo. Not a knock on Hunter.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
For some reason, I thought this thread was going to be about a spear company.

It sounded like a bad business model to me.

Reaction Score
There are a lot of roads that thread title could have gone now that I’m looking at it but whether he’s worthwhile or not I hate seeing home grown kids we should have gone after excel for our opponents. I trust that Hurley knows whether we should pursue.

Reaction Score
There are a lot of roads that thread title could have gone now that I’m looking at it but whether he’s worthwhile or not I hate seeing home grown kids we should have gone after excel for our opponents. I trust that Hurley knows whether we should pursue.

Windsor is a good program. But it's very
Very very hard to judge talent when lods aren't playing at a prep.

Reaction Score
The moment of recognizing your own lack of talent is a flash of genius

Reaction Score
SAW him ( PSpears )play vs Manchester in CCC Tournament. Excellent all around player. Has very good teammates. Mckeithen already comitted to MM. Lights out shooter fast.

Reaction Score
Gotta pass, right?

With all the wanking about Diarra's pre-existing injuries and AG's inability to stay healthy staff can't take a chance, can they?

I wouldn't let that injury determine whether to recruit or not. Awkward fall after being undercut is way different than chronically sore knees or a loose shoulder. It sounds like he has recovered well and is playing now whereas Al was hurt just before coming here. It sounds like he should be considered but we don't seem to have slots open though.

Reaction Score
I just assumed this thread was about one of Britney Spears’ illegitimate offspring. Now I’m hunting around for a spear to go stab myself the highest quality deli pickle I can find in the refrigerator.

Reaction Score
Gotta pass, right?

With all the wanking about Diarra's pre-existing injuries and AG's inability to stay healthy staff can't take a chance, can they?

Not on a speculative prospect, no.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't let that injury determine whether to recruit or not. Awkward fall after being undercut is way different than chronically sore knees or a loose shoulder. It sounds like he has recovered well and is playing now whereas Al was hurt just before coming here. It sounds like he should be considered but we don't seem to have slots open though.

He's a Junior this year. He was touted as a pass first guard his freshman year at Northwest Catholic, then blew out his elbow and missed his sophomore year. Then, to come back this year and finish so strong is special. Hope we watch him closely and don't let him get away if he continues to improve. We'll need a guard, especially a pass first guard, for 2020.

Check the story on Windsor's win over East Catholic and the box score at the end:
Spears scores 41, Windsor holds off fierce rally to snap East Catholic’s three-year CCC championship reign

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom