Win or lose, Adams became a man today! | The Boneyard

Win or lose, Adams became a man today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
What a gutsy performance. As the late Al McGuire used to be fond of saying, "The best thing about freshmen is they become sophomores." Adams already has!

Reaction Score
Amazing twist for him - he was sulking over his mistake with a minute left up by two while Gibbs was trying to dribble through a double team and almost had it stolen. I honestly thought he hurt his shoulder or something when he lost the ball. It was a really immature moment. But then we get to OT, and his entire game was like a 180. He played like a man.

caw

Reaction Score
So who wants to be the 5-6 to face UConn?

Reaction Score
What a gutsy performance. As the late Al McGuire used to be fond of saying, "The best thing about freshmen is they become sophomores." Adams already has!

I've seen a lot of great shots in Uconn history...I know this just happened but this could end up going down as the greatest shot in Uconn history....CLUTCH!

Reaction Score
That shot was a career changer for sure. I remember MJ's shot against Georgetown, just saying the impact on a player's confidence something like that can do.

Reaction Score
I still can't believe that shot went in. If this game doesn't give this team the confidence they needed, I don't know what will. I am cautiously optimistic about tomorrow. I saw a lot of things I liked from the second half on, not just with Jalen but other guys as well. Hamilton made some really clutch shots and Brimah played really solid D down the stretch

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Adams has been improving all year. Even with a few mistakes today, this kid is prime time. A young kid, huge heart coming to UConn to play. Not because of the half court heave, but the whole game, He is not afraid of anything or anybody. I thought Bazz had those jaw dropping moves. Hopefully he is our full time guard for 3 more years.

Reaction Score
Loved when Jalen insisted that DHam inbound the ball to him. Cannot imagine the alternative.....
I think this became his team at that moment. Pivotal moment in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom