Win Defies The Numbers | The Boneyard

Win Defies The Numbers

Reaction Score
Obviously we need to get more assists, but I'm not complaining. We beat a halfway decent team on the road with really lousy numbers in the following categories:
- assists: almost none
- three point shooting
- low post presence

Our guards got into the paint very effectively. They also took care of the ball and really harassed the opposing guards. 10 steals is solid to say the least

Reaction Score
I actually thought we shot a lousy FT % as well. But 70% is not horrible. Seemed like we missed some big ones. Gilbert definitely needs to improve his FT numbers.

Reaction Score
Yes 53% is Shaq numbers
I actually thought we shot a lousy FT % as well. But 70% is not horrible. Seemed like we missed some big ones. Gilbert definitely needs to improve his FT numbers.
Yes cuz 53% is Shaq numbers

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

The good news is 70% is bad for this team. They will be closer to 75-80% most of season.

I don't know if 2004 team shot 70%

Reaction Score
Obviously we need to get more assists, but I'm not complaining. We beat a halfway decent team on the road with really lousy numbers in the following categories:
- assists: almost none
- three point shooting
- low post presence

Our guards got into the paint very effectively. They also took care of the ball and really harassed the opposing guards. 10 steals is solid to say the least

Honestly I could care less about the amount of assists we had this game. It was a gritty win, we just played according to how the game was being officiated. Ticky-tack fouls were being called all game, so why wouldn't we iso and pick and roll with our best playmakers all game and aggressively drive to the hole.

Was actually getting sick of the announcers trying to school the audience on how poorly we were running our offensive sets. Do your job and objectively announce the game, do what your paid to do and leave the coaching to the coaches. Was even happier we got the win just to spite them.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
We have two ballers at the point. They do get themselves into trouble at times in the lane but once they start clicking they’re in the zone. Their handles and will to drive to the basket is something we’ve missed since Bazz and boat

Reaction Score
What i take away from the game is this. Having guys who can beat their man one on one is a very good place to start from an offensive standpoint. If you have that ( and we do) everything else will come. We will begin to find open 3 point shooters. We'll get more assists. I have little doubt. It will come.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom