Votes: 10 15.4%
  • na i’ll take my chances & lose to kansas

Votes: 55 84.6%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
I’m torn, winning @ MSG is huge

but not final 4 huge

Reaction Score
Lose in Elite 8. I completely lose interest in the NCAA Tournament when UConn is out, so I'm counting on a decent run. The best time of the year. I've already put in vacation days for the first two days of the tournament.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I’ll never understand these questions that are not actually mutually exclusive. I’ll take both and a $4 million winning scratch ticket, Bruins and Celtics championships and if I wasn’t married, Ana de Armas. We can have it all.

Girl Why Dont We Have Both GIF

Reaction Score
I’ll never understand these questions that are not actually mutually exclusive. I’ll take both and a $4 million winning scratch ticket, Bruins and Celtics championships and if I wasn’t married, Ana de Armas. We can have it all.

Even if it was an and or i take winning in the Elite 8 everyday of the week. Final 4 does more for the program exposure wise than a big east title.

Reaction Score
BET is nice for bragging rights, but I'm much more concerned about recruiting and our national footprint. A big tournament run does far more for the program

Reaction Score
I think final four matters for national reputation, but anything else before that is just kind of whatever, especially losing to a better seed. Hurley needs to win as a favorite, but I don't know if there's much difference between sweet 16 and elite eight or whatever. If it's win BET and lose first round NCAAs or lose eight 8 I'm picking the E8, but if I can have S16 and BET vs. semis and E8, I'll take the former.

Reaction Score
Winning the BET is for bragging rights
Getting to E8 is for national attention, including recruits and networks

I'll take E8

Reaction Score
I would have thought it was closer but on
looking back recently to 1995 , I had to be reminded that team was the Reg season + The Big East tourney champs.
I had no problem remembering the heartbreak loss to UCLA
Let’s review some others.
in 1990
I do remember we tied for 1st but got the 3 seed and had to beat Georgetown and Cuse on successive days for our first BE tourney title. Even being that great a win The Greater memory is the OT loss to Duke .
2005 We won the BE tourney does anyone remember that game ? ,I bet no fan alive who is still around will forget lthe OT loss to Mason
2009 we lost a first round game in 6 OT’s but made the FF .
who really cares that their walk ons outlasted ours .
See what winning an elite 8 means.
2011 the Big East Tourney was at least if not more
entertaining than the NC 5 in 5 was never done before or since .
The 2014 Big East tournament although we lost in the finals was the game or at least the second half proved it was a lot more
But if we lost in Garden it would have been mean8ngless.
capable than given credit for.
2016 even though it was the AAC was memorable for the triple OT game
so in summary
Winning the Big East Tourney although nice will be forgotten unless something memorable happens and doesn’t come close in comparison to being denied the FF . That hurts forever.

Reaction Score
Win BE. We've been a bit of a dud in the BE tournament under DH. Last year was ok. But still not great. So baby steps. Win the BE tournament.

Reaction Score
Lose in Elite 8. I completely lose interest in the NCAA Tournament when UConn is out, so I'm counting on a decent run. The best time of the year. I've already put in vacation days for the first two days of the tournament.
The second day will be wild in the bars as it coincides with St Patrick’s Day. Can’t wait

Reaction Score
I am thinking of doing the same. Or I just bring the laptop downstairs to the living room and work although I am productive I am just less productive than when I work in the home office. But at least my MS Teams profile shows "Available" instead of "Away" for X minutes or X hours.;)

Reaction Score

LMFAO! This reminds me of post within a Tyler Polley thread where someone wrote "I would like Polley to average 15 pts and 8 rebounds a game because if he does that UConn will be so tough to beat". And someone within that thread replied, "And I would like to go to bed with Hannah Jeter. Neither is happening. You might want to lower those expectations kid". :D:p

Reaction Score
Elite 8 or BET. I have to say Elite 8 or Sweet 16. When teams make it to the 2nd weekend of the NCAA tournament naturally that means there are less games on TV meaning more attention per each game. What I am getting at is it means more positive national attention for UConn which helps with recruiting. In the first weekend there are so many games on each one can't get that full national attention. This is not to say a BET title wouldn't get them positive attention, it does, but nationally I think getting to a Sweet 16 or Elite 8 gets them more and it resonates with recruits more. Look at 94-96 and 98, even though they couldn't quite get to the Final Four, I always considered those years successes, even though 94 and 96 were bitter pills to ingest, because they still got enough positive national attention and it cemented UConn as a really good national program.

Remember in the the 95 BET final when we all wanted UConn to get revenge on the 23 pt beatdown Nova gave them in Gampel that year only to for UConn to lose to Kerry Kittles and Nova again? I hated it, and I really wanted UConn to win the BET title. However, Nova as the #3 seed in the NCAAT got upset and lost to a #14 seed in the first round while UConn advanced to the Elite 8. All I kept thinking was "sucks to be Nova, glad UConn didn't have that happen to them". I would take UConn's 95 season over Nova's 95 season fair or unfair.

Interesting fact(s) about BET lore, more like Kemba lore: Jahvan Johnson of DePaul, stated one of his factors in wanting to play in DePaul was the fact that it was in the BE and what appealed to him and what he loved watching as a kid was the buzzer beater Kemba nailed against Pitt. Remember, this guy grew up in Alabama, not in the Northeast.
And you all probably know, Primo Spears favorite player growing up was Kemba Walker.

Elite 8 for me, but I know it probably sounds like I contradicted myself on that last part about the BET and Kemba Walker.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
I remember the days when I had to be in an office and always took the first two days of the tourney off. Just sat in front of the tv for four days ( cuz you could usually count on UConn making it to the second weekend) and had five brackets going. The year we won with Bazz my wife picked that bracket for me and it won the office pool.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Also I will label this as a trick question. If we win BE tourney even if we lose to Nova on Saturday we are at least a three seed and we are going to make it to the second weekend more than likely. So it kind of makes it a no brained win BE tourney……it’s where it all starts. In fact I am going to do some research. BE tourney championships vs tourney performance in the same year. Stand by for more data.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
LMFAO! This reminds me of post within a Tyler Polley thread where someone wrote "I would like Polley to average 15 pts and 8 rebounds a game because if he does that UConn will be so tough to beat". And someone within that thread replied, "And I would like to go to bed with Hannah Jeter. Neither is happening. You might want to lower those expectations kid". :D:p
In this case, we can absolutely win both tournaments. In any event, winning the BET makes it more likely we go deep in the NCAA tournament, not less likely.

Reaction Score
In this case, we can absolutely win both tournaments. In any event, winning the BET makes it more likely we go deep in the NCAA tournament, not less likely.
oh no question. Historically winning the BET for UConn has been a great catalyst for doing well in the NCAAT. I was referring to the Ana de Armas part that you wrote that reminded me of the Tyler Polley post and reply, LOL

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom