OT: - Wimbledon | The Boneyard

OT: Wimbledon

Reaction Score
Coco Gauff is unreal. Just forced a third set on ESPN

I stopped watching after first set, figured she's going to be really good but not today. I was wrong great to hear. She's going to be fun to watch the next few years best of luck to her.

Reaction Score
Yep! Great win down 5-2 in the second set after losing the first and then showing grit and toughness fought her way back and got a hard win. Great stuff.

Reaction Score
Fugly match and win, but they still count. Watched each of Coco’s 3 singles matches and interviews, obviously she’s very good, unusually calm on the outside for a 15 year old kid, and potentially could be great. Time will tell; rather challenging next single’s opponent. Fun to watch!

Reaction Score
My father in law was there. He got to witness history. A real star-turn.

Last edited:

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score

I laughed a little too hard at this

Reaction Score
And she wouldn't leave the court until she had signed an autograph for everyone that wanted one. None of this quick bit of signing 3 or 4 on the way back to the locker room. :)

Reaction Score
And she wouldn't leave the court until she had signed an autograph for everyone that wanted one. None of this quick bit of signing 3 or 4 on the way back to the locker room. :)
Devils advocate: Coco’s 15, it’s new, and might not last more than a few years. Enjoy it now. Beyond enthusiastically signing lots of stuff, I was equally or more impressed by the kid posing for pictures with at least one or more of the several WW II veterans seated courtside.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Never heard of her. Impressive for a young kid. But very young players have done well before.

Reaction Score
Never heard of her. Impressive for a young kid. But very young players have done well before.

I don't think anybody here had heard of her until this week. She's ranked in the 300's.

Reaction Score
This is great for USA Tennis and badly needed, so many public tennis courts are empty these days if they even have a net. The two sports that have died in popularity since the 80's are boxing and tennis. A new young superstar will help.

Drew

Reaction Score

Serena wins in singles again today- she’ll play mixed doubles with Andy Murray tonight

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Interesting how American women are so much better than American men, as a whole, at Olympic sports now.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Interesting how American women are so much better than American men, as a whole, at Olympic sports now.

When was the last time you played tennis? I did as a kid but it seems to have vanished.

Drew

Reaction Score

Starting now on ESPN

Reaction Score
This is great for USA Tennis and badly needed, so many public tennis courts are empty these days if they even have a net. The two sports that have died in popularity since the 80's are boxing and tennis. A new young superstar will help.

Having worked in the sports industry for the past 8 years primarily building/repairing/resurfacing tennis courts I can say that your statement is categorically false. Towns can't keep up with the demand for usable tennis courts. A lot of people travel to other courts outside their towns that are in better shape to play. One company I am a sub contractor for asked if i would move to kansas city for the next 2-4 years as they already have 100 courts on contract for this upcoming year and are expecting another 80-100 from the school system

Tennis is alive and well

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Having worked in the sports industry for the past 8 years primarily building/repairing/resurfacing tennis courts I can say that your statement is categorically false. Towns can't keep up with the demand for usable tennis courts. A lot of people travel to other courts outside their towns that are in better shape to play. One company I am a sub contractor for asked if i would move to kansas city for the next 2-4 years as they already have 100 courts on contract for this upcoming year and are expecting another 80-100 from the school system

Tennis is alive and well
Not with this body.:(

Drew

Reaction Score
She lost today unfortunately but gave Halep a decent run for her money. I’ll be interested to see where she plays next

In other news, Djoker, Fed, and Nadal won handily on the men’s side. If they both win their quarterfinal matches we have a Fed v Nadal semifinal coming on Friday.

Serena won with ease. I’d be shocked if it isn’t her vs Halep for the final.

Drew

Reaction Score
Serena v Halep for the finals Saturday.

Fed v Nadal tomorrow morning will be awesome. First time they’ve played on grass since the 2008 final when Nadal shocked Fed in 5 in what was the best match I’ve watched. Can’t wait.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom