• Reminder: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

There’s a link in the top navigation bar for Amazon.com. Purchases made via this link help support The Boneyard. (Dismiss this notice by clicking the x at the top right of the box)

OT: Wimbledon 2017

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
American Sam Querrey is up 4-1 in the 5th set against #1 seed and Brit Andy Murray in the Quarterfinals. If Sam can close it out here, he will face the winner of Marin Cilic and Giles Muller in the semi finals setting up a potential date with Federer in the Final.

Can an American man win Wimbledon again? And if so who on Earth would've thought it would be Sam Querrey making this run?!

tzznandrew

Most Posts in Greatest Boneyard Thread of All-Time
Well, the draw opened up for Federer. Perhaps Querrey can get there, and then beat him, though.

Drew

Querrey is 0-4 lifetime against Cilic. Cilic is one of those very challenging guys to play, I hope Sam can beat him but I certainly wouldn't count on it. Although if he plays the way he did the last 2 sets today, he will probably win the whole thing.

Federer has owned Berdych forever. I like Berdych a lot, really wish he would win a major eventually. It won't be this one though.

Fed v Cilic finals and Fed wins the whole thing.

Side note--> am I the only one shocked at how well Venus Williams is still playing? She might be playing the best tennis of anyone on the women's side. Cheering for her to win another Wimbledon.

tzznandrew

Most Posts in Greatest Boneyard Thread of All-Time
Querrey is 0-4 lifetime against Cilic. Cilic is one of those very challenging guys to play, I hope Sam can beat him but I certainly wouldn't count on it. Although if he plays the way he did the last 2 sets today, he will probably win the whole thing.

Federer has owned Berdych forever. I like Berdych a lot, really wish he would win a major eventually. It won't be this one though.

Fed v Cilic finals and Fed wins the whole thing.

Side note--> am I the only one shocked at how well Venus Williams is still playing? She might be playing the best tennis of anyone on the women's side. Cheering for her to win another Wimbledon.
I've always felt bad for her that her sister is so much better than her...or, conversely, that she's the older sibling. She'd have more than 7 Grand Slam titles, and would definitely have won all four.

Definitely rooting for her to get her first Wimbledon win in 9 years.

I would like to see Venus get another, she hasn't won a GS singles since 2008

There is no story or accomplishment in American sports remotely close to the Williams', just amazing what they've achieved individually and together they were the best doubles team anytime they competed

Maybe Tiger, but nothing else.

I've always felt bad for her that her sister is so much better than her...or, conversely, that she's the older sibling. She'd have more than 7 Grand Slam titles, and would definitely have won all four.

Definitely rooting for her to get her first Wimbledon win in 9 years.

Drew

Venus wins handily today against Konta- gotta say I'm somewhat surprised/shocked she handled her so easily. 6-4, 6-2.

She'll be in the finals against Garbine Muguruza, who absolutely obliterated Magdalena Rybáriková 6-1, 6-1.

Muguruza looked really really solid against Rybáriková today but Venus played extremely well also. I would anticipate this one going 3 sets before ultimately deciding on a winner. Looking forward to the women's final Saturday as well as the men's semis tomorrow morning.

Drew

Querrey and Cilic are going at it right now, with Cilic up 2 sets to 1 having just won the third set tiebreaker. Need Sam to pick it up here in the fourth.