Wilson, Williams and Gratz to Senior Bowl | The Boneyard

Wilson, Williams and Gratz to Senior Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How about some good news..

Three UConn players have accepted invitations to play in the Senior Bowl: defensive end Trevardo Williams, and cornerbacks Blidi Wreh-Wilson and Dwayne Gratz.

Williams was an All-Big East first-team selection after leading the league in sacks for the second straight year. Wreh-Wilson was named the team's MVP at its banquet. He and Gratz made the Big East second team.

They join Rutgers linebacker Khaseem Greene as the only confirmed Big East selections to the game so far. The Senior Bowl is set to be played Jan. 26 in Mobile, Ala.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigeast/post/_/id/40782/three-uconn-players-to-senior-bowl

Reaction Score
it's too bad we don't have big East talent

Reaction Score
Sio Moore and Jory Johnson deserve shots at all star games too...along with Nick Williams and Ryan Wirth

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Congrats to all three of them.

This is their first chance to impress the scouts, coaches and GM's in a full blown NFL experience. From the position drills during the week, the film room, media interviews and everything in between it's NFL all the way.

Looking forward to getting a little bit of time talking with the players at the Friday fan session and then cheering them on during the game.

Reaction Score
it's too bad we don't have big East talent

Yeah but I guess the whole Big East has no senior offensive talent in these folk's eyes... All four currently selected are on defense.

I really thought RG would get a shot...

Reaction Score
While I congratulate Blidi and Dwayne as well, I do want to focus just for a moment on Trevardo. When he took the field as a true frosh in '09, he was so, so far from an NFL prospect. Yes, he had speed and yes, he had a body (albeit a frosh body that needed years in the weight roon) but he was so far from being ready to play DE at this level. More than the others, Trevardo's career required a great amount of effort by him and a huge amount of good coaching to develop him as a football player.

He and all the coaches who worked with him over his 4 years are to be congratulated.

Reaction Score
While I congratulate Blidi and Dwayne as well, I do want to focus just for a moment on Trevardo. When he took the field as a true frosh in '09, he was so, so far from an NFL prospect. Yes, he had speed and yes, he had a body (albeit a frosh body that needed years in the weight roon) but he was so far from being ready to play DE at this level. More than the others, Trevardo's career required a great amount of effort by him and a huge amount of good coaching to develop him as a football player.

He and all the coaches who worked with him over his 4 years are to be congratulated.

Plus he was a Bridgeport kid, just would have been better if he came from Warren Harding. Back in the day Central was Thanksgiving lunch for the Presidents! :p

Reaction Score
You see, we need proto types. Not exceptions. With this particular group of players your just trying to stay ahead of the chains. Blah, blah, blah.

Coaching under achieved with this group. Ryan Griffin alone on offense should have been a mismatch we exploited consistently. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom