Williams scores game-high 20 and other takeaways from UConn women’s basketball’s exhibition victory over Fort Hays State | The Boneyard

Williams scores game-high 20 and other takeaways from UConn women’s basketball’s exhibition victory over Fort Hays State

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score

Juhász stands out​

"No newcomer stood out more than Juhász, a transfer from Ohio State. The 6-foot-5 forward was one of the first two players off the bench and was all over the floor, altering shots and forcing steals on the perimeter, knocking down a 3 and enforcing her will in the paint with post moves and dominating the glass. She led all scorers at the half with 11 points and finished with 15, plus eight rebounds, in 15 minutes."
“Dorka plays exceptionally hard, right?” Auriemma said. “She competes, and she’s skilled in the lane. She’s really long and can get the ball up on the rim a lot of different ways. It was really good to see her make that 3. If she can make a couple of those on a regular basis, I think that’s a huge help for what we’re trying to do. And she plays pretty good defense. She’s got an aggressiveness about her and her footwork’s pretty good. You can see that she’s played a lot of basketball.”

Ducharme’s late surge​

"Freshman Caroline Ducharme is known for her 3-point shooting, but Auriemma has said he’s been impressed with her ability to use her length (she’s 6 feet 2) on the defensive end and to get to the rim on offense."
"Ducharme had some early jitters Sunday, missing all four of her 3-point attempts. But she got into a groove by the fourth, scoring all 10 of her points that quarter and finding a better flow getting to the basket. She made her presence felt all over the court with five rebounds, three assists, two blocks and two steals."

Reaction Score
Juhasz really impressed me from what I saw. I compared her to Nelson O because they are simular players in size and physic. Juhasz game is much more fluid. She makes Nelson O look ridgid. From what I observed she is a bettera athlete and player and if she does not start the season it will not be long before she does. That is unless Geno decides loyalty to his recruits trumps ability.

Reaction Score
Everyone (probably) loves what Dorka can do. There is at least one thing Liv does far better and that is finding the cutter and passing the ball. It will take some time for Dorka to understand the flow of Geno's system. When the ball went inside to her it rarely came back out.

Reaction Score
Although when it did go in to her (Dorka), she was looking to score and did so pretty well. That went missing at critical times last year. The question to be answered is how will that work with taller teams who match up better in height. She looks pretty quick, so I think she will be able to score down low against taller competition.

Reaction Score

Juhász stands out​

"No newcomer stood out more than Juhász, a transfer from Ohio State. The 6-foot-5 forward was one of the first two players off the bench and was all over the floor, altering shots and forcing steals on the perimeter, knocking down a 3 and enforcing her will in the paint with post moves and dominating the glass. She led all scorers at the half with 11 points and finished with 15, plus eight rebounds, in 15 minutes."
“Dorka plays exceptionally hard, right?” Auriemma said. “She competes, and she’s skilled in the lane. She’s really long and can get the ball up on the rim a lot of different ways. It was really good to see her make that 3. If she can make a couple of those on a regular basis, I think that’s a huge help for what we’re trying to do. And she plays pretty good defense. She’s got an aggressiveness about her and her footwork’s pretty good. You can see that she’s played a lot of basketball.”

Ducharme’s late surge​

"Freshman Caroline Ducharme is known for her 3-point shooting, but Auriemma has said he’s been impressed with her ability to use her length (she’s 6 feet 2) on the defensive end and to get to the rim on offense."
"Ducharme had some early jitters Sunday, missing all four of her 3-point attempts. But she got into a groove by the fourth, scoring all 10 of her points that quarter and finding a better flow getting to the basket. She made her presence felt all over the court with five rebounds, three assists, two blocks and two steals."
I think two of her trey misses were rushed shots as shot clock was expiring.

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score

Juhász stands out​

Ducharme’s late surge​

Genos's right, Sneaky Good, love wht im seeing from her, you can tell tht even though her 3pt shot wasn't dropping her complete basketball motor was revved up, she's gonna earn some important minutes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom