Williams practice video... | The Boneyard

Williams practice video...

Reaction Score

It may be practice and a few dunks but it got me excited. We may not have a lot of height but athleticism in college comes up big. I think we're going to surprise a lot of people this year.

Reaction Score

It may be practice and a few dunks but it got me excited. We may not have a lot of height but athleticism in college comes up big. I think we're going to surprise a lot of people this year.

There's a whole thread on this video.

zepfan

I'll make it.
Reaction Score
I love this guy!!! He looks like a man-child out there! I know, he is 4 years older than some of them. I don't remember the last time we had a guy with his apparent strength/athleticism... maybe Kevin Freeman or Jeff Adrian? I know it all comes down to whether he can actually play when it counts but if he is a fighter on the boards, a defender, and a master of the offensive put-back then he could command a lot of minutes. It's hard to box out someone who can jump over you :)

Reaction Score
I love this guy!!! He looks like a man-child out there! I know, he is 4 years older than some of them. I don't remember the last time we had a guy with his apparent strength/athleticism... maybe Kevin Freeman or Jeff Adrian? I know it all comes down to whether he can actually play when it counts but if he is a fighter on the boards, a defender, and a master of the offensive put-back then he could command a lot of minutes. It's hard to box out someone who can jump over you :)
With all respect to the past greats like Sticks and Rudy for example, KW is the most athletic, strictly focusing on jump out of the gym athleticism, that we've ever had. With that being said, Jeff would throw him around.

zepfan

I'll make it.
Reaction Score
With all respect to the past greats like Sticks and Rudy for example, KW is the most athletic, strictly focusing on jump out of the gym athleticism, that we've ever had. With that being said, Jeff would throw him around.
You're probably right if there both banging under the hoop. Yet if Jumpman crashes the boards from a few steps outside the paint his airtime and height may nullify some of that opposing strength. Nonetheless, I have high hopes for this kid... pun intended.

Reaction Score
Seems like he and Jalen are getting along swimmingly, not sure if anyone else was on Jalen's IG live video last night around 10. I'm not a millennial, that was my first time tuning in live, but it sounded like he'd be driven to do that more often in the future. There was a lot of people showing him love

I hope he or one of them starts doing IG live during pickup games, I would go over my data willingly if it were to stream UConn pickup games during the day at work...

Reaction Score
Most athletic by a lot was Scott Burrell.

Reaction Score
With all respect to the past greats like Sticks and Rudy for example, KW is the most athletic, strictly focusing on jump out of the gym athleticism
No. Sticks was a more explosive jumper, based on the 1 minute of video that we've seen this kid.
As Jay Bilas put it - "Sticks has got another rung on this ladder compared to everybody else."
I mean, the guy would outjump everybody to get to any ball he was close to, with no run up or lead in. Just, BANG, and he was 40" up.

You don't dethrone Sticks based on 1 minute of highlight videos.

Please.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
No. Sticks was a more explosive jumper, based on the 1 minute of video that we've seen this kid.
As Jay Bilas put it - "Sticks has got another rung on this ladder compared to everybody else."
I mean, the guy would outjump everybody to get to any ball he was close to, with no run up or lead in. Just, BANG, and he was 40" up.

Please.
Different parameters of athleticism.

IMM it gets silly to argue who is the most or best at something. And by arguing I mean believing an opinion is fact and not subjective. It's impossible to eliminate subjectivity from discussions. Needless to say Williams is more aligned with Scottie and Sticks when it comes to athleticism than Khalid or Shabazz.

The staff had to scramble with the 2017 class. It was most likely not their preference. Of the players in this class I've been most excited about Williams and Carlton. Just a gut feeling. We'll find out.

Reaction Score

Please.
This kid's head is wayy above the rim and he's doing dunks that i've seen no one do. Not taking anything away from Sticks, but in my unbiased opinion, this KW looks like he gets slightly higher. Guess we'll see when he gets one in game though.

Reaction Score
Here is a blurry shot of Sticks blocking a shot above the square vs. Texas:

Screen Shot 2017-09-14 at 9.48.48 AM.png

Reaction Score
This kid's head is wayy above the rim and he's doing dunks that i've seen no one do.
In practice.
We talkin' 'bout practice. Practice.

Sticks had a "best UConn Dunk EVER" contender in a game against top-ranked Texas in a live game on national TV.

Please. I'm asking something very simple here. Let the new kid play 5 minutes of an actual game before you assert that he has more "jump out of the gym" athleticism than Stanley Robinson. Please.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
In practice.
We talkin' 'bout practice. Practice.

Sticks had a "best UConn Dunk EVER" contender in a game against top-ranked Texas in a live game on national TV.

Please. I'm asking something very simple here. Let the new kid play 5 minutes of an actual game before you assert that he has more "jump out of the gym" athleticism than Stanley Robinson. Please.
What does any of it being in game have to do with it?

Reaction Score
In exactly zero of the OP's clips does Williams get as high as Robinson does in those two still shots.

Reaction Score
In exactly zero of the OP's clips does Williams get as high as Robinson does in those two still shots.
If you REALLY need proof at this point, check his insta, its @jumpmanebig

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
People let's not jump to conclusions. It's a leap of faith to say KW over Sticks. I'm not going to hop on the bandwagon yet. I appreciate you guys for going to the video vault for us. Someone is bound to post more. Arguments like this can be a soar subject. I gotta bounce.

Reactions: pj

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Hoping that elevation can lead to many boards. We are really going to need someone(s) to step up for that.

Reaction Score
What does any of it being in game have to do with it?
Because achieving impressive vertical when you're in traffic at full game speed against top competition for a highlight reel dunk/block is a lot tougher than in a casual practice or a workout.

Reaction Score
The kid has springs in his sneakers.

This is one time I wish Amida was out there. Would like to see him try and deny. Who knows?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Sticks was a great athlete. This kid has better hops.

Sticks was also a pretty good basketball player. None of us have any basis to make any assumptions about this kid. Obviously the staff thinks he's worth a schollie, so that's good enough for me, but I'm keeping my expectations low and hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

Reaction Score

Please.

This kid's ladder has at least one more rung than sticks. Don't be silly.

No idea if KW will be s good college player or not, but his vertical is clearly on another level.

Reaction Score
Guy is claiming a greater vertical than Vince Carter.
Obviously, I'd love for him to "have one more rung than Stanley," but, we'll see.;)
If he has a legit 44" vertical then he'll play starter minutes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom