Williams, Nelson-Ododa set sights on Storrs | The Boneyard

Williams, Nelson-Ododa set sights on Storrs

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Williams, Nelson-Ododa set sights on Storrs

"The finalists for the 12-player squad that will take part in the 2018 FIBA Americas U-18 Championship will be announced Monday night. Tuesday morning, she (Olivia Nelson-Ododa) will be on a plane again alongside Christyn Williams to start their journey to Storrs and their first summer school session at the University of Connecticut as members of the women's basketball team."

"Olivia and I haven't played together since the U-17s," Williams said. "We weren't on the same team at the McDonald's and Jordan Brand games. It's great to be here with her. It is kind of like we get a head start."

"They tell me to come in with a lot of confidence," Williams said. "I'm there for a reason. I was recruited by Coach Auriemma for a reason. I'm going to trust my game, trust my teammates, and work for the best."

"In high school season you're referred to as 'UConn girl' and that can be tough but I just went out there and tried to play my game," Nelson-Ododa said

her sister-in-law Dearica Hamby of the WNBA's Las Vegas Aces said, "She is going to be under Geno who is a fabulous coach. She has a great skill set," Hamby said. She obviously has to get a little stronger, but I'm excited to see what Geno can do with her and how far they go."

"I hope to add whatever I can, whatever they teach me, whatever I learn," Nelson-Ododa said. "I want to be able the help the team and do the things to help us win. I expect myself to work hard no matter what the circumstances. I'm going to give 100 percent effort in anything I do. By doing that I can be successful in a lot of things."

Williams will keep her high school uniform No. 13 at UConn as will Nelson-Ododa, who will wear No. 20.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom