Williams explodes for 42 and wins state championship | The Boneyard

Williams explodes for 42 and wins state championship

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Megan's main strength was her tremendous athleticism.... Williams seems to be by far the more skilled player.
I think it's a question of degree. We have seen Megan run and rebound. She has size, speed, strength, and athleticism. Christyn is probably less physical and more skilled, but Christyn is pretty strong and Meg definitely has skills. Christyn is the better 3-point shooter, but they FT shooting is similar. I'm pretty sure that Megan played tougher competition. Her senior year, Monacan was undefeated and nationally ranked.

I'm looking forward to seeing them play together. They will be quite a duo.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Nice for Geno to show up at CW’s state championship game. I know he did the same for MW last year.

I am wondering who else Geno paid a visit to over the last few days.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
I think it's a question of degree. We have seen Megan run and rebound. She has size, speed, strength, and athleticism. Christyn is probably less physical and more skilled, but Christyn is pretty strong and Meg definitely has skills. Christyn is the better 3-point shooter, but they FT shooting is similar. I'm pretty sure that Megan played tougher competition. Her senior year, Monacan was undefeated and nationally ranked. I'm looking forward to seeing them play together. They will be quite a duo.

Since according to some Christyn is already a legend, Megan had better step up big time or she will be in the best seat in the house, the bench, to watch Christyn, the Legend, show her how a real HS NPOY does plays the game.;):cool:

HGN

Reaction Score
CONGRATULATIONS Chrystyn.........We at The Boneyard are happy and proud of you. And we are so looking forward to having you bring your winning ways and talents to Storrs.

GO HUSKIES!!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Since according to some Christyn is already a legend, Megan had better step up big time or she will be in the best seat in the house, the bench, to watch Christyn, the Legend, show her how a real HS NPOY does plays the game.;):cool:
Before we all get too carried away here, I want to remind everyone that MW scored 35 of her teams 60 points, including 18 in the 4th qtr, in a come-from-behind victory in the Virginia State 4A Girls basketball championship last year. I would also argue that VA girls basketball is a cut above Arkansas. MW will be ready to be a major contributor next season. Christyn will take time to develop, like just about every other freshman.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Not quite the Legend yet. She's just taking baby steps in that direction. That's all.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Not quite the Legend yet. She's just taking baby steps in that direction. That's all.
:D:rolleyes: I give you a my version of the Diamonds' hit song "The Stroll."
Come, let's troll
Troll across the floor
Come, let's tro-oh-oh-oll
Troll across the floor
Now turn around, baby
Let's troll once more

Feel so good
Take me by my hand
I feel so goo-ooh-ooh-ood
Take me by my hand
And let's go trolling
In Boneyard-land ;)

Trollin', oh yeah, trollin' ah
Rock and ro-uh-oh-oh-oh-oh-llin'
Trollin'
Well rock… :)

HGN

Reaction Score
I think it's a question of degree. We have seen Megan run and rebound. She has size, speed, strength, and athleticism. Christyn is probably less physical and more skilled, but Christyn is pretty strong and Meg definitely has skills. Christyn is the better 3-point shooter, but they FT shooting is similar. I'm pretty sure that Megan played tougher competition. Her senior year, Monacan was undefeated and nationally ranked.

I'm looking forward to seeing them play together. They will be quite a duo.
I think Meg wins the starting job based upon her (hopefully) making that sophomore leap and Geno's reluctance to starting freshmen. Megan has had a year to learn what Geno wants and I think she will deliver just that next year.

A projected starting 5 of KLS (6'3); Collier (6'1) ; Azura (6'6) ; Megan (6'1) ; and Crystal (5'5) has experience , size , and leadership and would contend again for a NC......So if Meg can deliver some good defense on the perimeter she will start.

JMHO of course.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Come, let's troll
Troll across the floor
Troll across the floor
Now turn around, baby
Let's troll once more

Feel so good
Take me by my hand
Take me by my hand
And let's go trolling
In Boneyard-land ;)

Trollin'

?

I

Don't

Troll.

maybe-you-should-think-again.jpg

Reaction Score
and he's thinking: she ain't scoring a pont for me until she shows that she can play stick 'em defense....

I don't know about that, Sveta was here 4 years and according to Coach Auriemma didn't guard a single player her entire career.:D

Reaction Score
I think Meg wins the starting job based upon her (hopefully) making that sophomore leap and Geno's reluctance to starting freshmen. Megan has had a year to learn what Geno wants and I think she will deliver just that next year.

A projected starting 5 of KLS (6'3); Collier (6'1) ; Azura (6'6) ; Megan (6'1) ; and Crystal (5'5) has experience , size , and leadership and would contend again for a NC.So if Meg can deliver some good defense on the perimeter she will start.

JMHO of course.

Agreed.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

A projected starting 5 of KLS (6'3); Collier (6'1) ; Azura (6'6) ; Megan (6'1) ; and Crystal (5'5) has experience , size , and leadership and would contend again for a NC.So if Meg can deliver some good defense on the perimeter she will start.

JMHO of course.
One year of experience at UConn helped Crystal tremendously. Most BYers thought Azura was a lock to start, but Crystal had the edge. I look for Meg to have a similar edge over Christyn and Liv.

Reaction Score
If anything, it will drive them all to work hard and improve. There will be a spot open and the question will be who wants it more and takes it.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Come, let's troll
Troll across the floor
Troll across the floor
Now turn around, baby
Let's troll once more

Feel so good
Take me by my hand
Take me by my hand
And let's go trolling
In Boneyard-land ;)

Trollin'
Brilliant rendition of a great old song! One of the original line dances. Bandstand 1958! The Diamonds were countrymen of our own Kia Nurse. Used the original version in American Graffiti! Dick Clark would be proud of you. :D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom