William | The Boneyard

William

Reaction Score
So based upon the singular super star performance of this young gal's career, does Geno & staff especially key on her tonight or do we come out in our standard defense?
I say we don't come out keying on her or anyone else in particular.
What do you think, will Kia or someone else be shadowing her?

Reaction Score
I don't understand how Baylor could have screwed that up so badly. You don't need anyone in particular on her. Baylor left her wide open while sagging on the post and Vivians. Whether it's 3's or anywhere, all you need to do is be close to her and she can't get her shot off. That's why she went 1-8 for 2 pts and no assists last year. Just be near her.

Reaction Score
When I was talking to Bruno, Doug pointed out William did not score against DePaul. I think UConn will be focusing on Vivians.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
Exactly, she's already had the game of her life. Lightning doesn't strike twice.

Actually in Florida, it strikes a whole lot, that's why all us Sunshine State fans will be shouting, "Geno, watch out for that little twerp!"

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Keep in mind that while she had a career night vs Baylor, William averaged exactly 4 ppg in the other 3 tournament games. Last year with Kia, Lou and Mo guarding her, she had 2 pts, while Vivians had 6. Yes the Bulldogs are better this year and there is no Stewie, Tuck or Mo around for the Huskies, but with only 2 legitimate, and sometimes inconsistent, scorers on the team, I don't see how MS St gets within 20 pts of UConn tonight.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
No, You don't gameplan for a player's best performance, you gameplan for their average performance and if she gets hot again you make adjustments.
You better put that on an invitation card and send that to Waco... NOW!

Reaction Score
Exactly, she's already had the game of her life. Lightning doesn't strike twice.

Myers! What are you thinking?

lightning.jpg

William will score...a milliom tonight.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
William is charmed right now and good for her, she has had it rough. It was just unfortunate that it came at the expense of your season. I enjoyed the different story lines this year, I actually thought ESPN did a better job of humanizing our game.

Reaction Score
She was just a little above her average. She didn't go off again. No lightning. Just a great clutch performance.
No she didn't go off. She just had a dagger for our hearts. It cut me deep too.

As much as I don't like S.Carolina I like their coach. So whoever wins it I'm happy for them.

We have our loss, our teaching moment. Next year our seniors and juniors will have something to prove.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom