Will Williams and/or Nelson-Ododa be eligible for 2021 WNBA draft? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Will Williams and/or Nelson-Ododa be eligible for 2021 WNBA draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
From the location of the IP, I’m not sure Giraffe is a UConn fan.
Giggle Smile GIF

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I have not been able to find their dates of birth anywhere. If we expect to win a title in 2022, we will need Nelson-Ododa back. Williams I frankly couldn't care less about. Anyone have dates of birth information? As for this year, I think S. Carolina is the favorite, followed by Stanford and UConn. My gut feeling is that Louisville and NC State are a little bit overrated, although I suppose they would be next in line after UConn.
I have DoB information which I refuse to share with someone as rude as you.

Reaction Score
I wonder if EW stays for her final year. I have a feeling she will, but honestly who knows. I support anyone’s decision to go make money while they can. A part of me still wishes Megan Walker stayed for her final year, but obviously cheering her on in NY

Reaction Score
From the location of the IP, I’m not sure Giraffe is a UConn fan.
I didn't think so after that comment. Have you ever heard something like that before?

Reaction Score
.................do you have doubts that Azzi will be starting next year? This is the same argument some had about PB starting..........it's shouldn't even be open to question. will be starting every UConn game for the next four years barring injury, transfer or going pro........
I look at Azzi as a transcend talent, but who would she move to the bench to be a starter next season? I can’t see Geno moving Westbrook or Williams to the bench, Azzi won’t be playing the 4 so she won’t move Griffin or Anna to the bench, so even if she logs heavy minutes next season I expect it to be as the 6th man role, subbing in for Williams or Westbrook.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I look at Azzi as a transcend talent, but who would she move to the bench to be a starter next season? I can’t see Geno moving Westbrook or Williams to the bench, Azzi won’t be playing the 4 so she won’t move Griffin or Anna to the bench, so even if she logs heavy minutes next season I expect it to be as the 6th man role, subbing in for Williams or Westbrook.
Perhaps Evina enters the WNBA draft. I think she has helped her position with her overall performance.

Reaction Score
I’m confused... why is everyone saying I hope Williams comes back next year... Where is she going??

Reaction Score
Perhaps Evina enters the WNBA draft. I think she has helped her position with her overall performance.
I'd love for Evina to come back next year, but who knows if she will with the way everyone seems eager to get to the next level.

Reaction Score
If she continues playing at the current level or better I suspect Westbrook will go pro...........she's gotten a full practice season and hopefully a full playing season to get her skills sharpened and recover from her knee issues as best she can so why wait another year?......add in her nagging health issues and a stacked bench full of youngsters and unless she really wants to play the house mom role again for a possible NC I think she's gone..........

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
.................do you have doubts that Azzi will be starting next year? This is the same argument some had about PB starting..........it's shouldn't even be open to question. will be starting every UConn game for the next four years barring injury, transfer or going pro........
So, my fine BY colleague, assuming all 5 starters return, EW, PB, AG, CW and ONO, who is sitting to let Fudd start? Remember DT was a freshman on a loaded UConn team and did not start until both Shea and Svet went down.

My current thinking is Evina will go pro as this years senior and junior eligible class is underwhelming and E is showing she’s a better all around player than she was at TN albeit lesser of a scorer and maybe a half step slower.

Reaction Score
So, my fine BY colleague, assuming all 5 starters return, EW, PB, AG, CW and ONO, who is sitting to let Fudd start? Remember DT was a freshman on a loaded UConn team and did not start until both Shea and Svet went down.

My current thinking is Evina will go pro as this years senior and junior eligible class is underwhelming and E is showing she’s a better all around player than she was at TN albeit lesser of a scorer and maybe a half step slower.
It won’t matter if Fudd starts or not. The way she shoots, GA will get her on the floor for 30 minutes a game. In the women’s game today, an elite 3 ball shooter is the ultimate weapon and if she’d gotten 12 wide open 3s like CW did today, at least 7 would’ve gone down.

Reaction Score

Bueckers and Fudd in a back court for the ages.....ONO and CW up front with either AG or EW............one of those two will be first off the bench........I don't think even Geno knows what he's going to do with the rest of the bench but oh what a problem to have.......!!!

Reaction Score
It won’t matter if Fudd starts or not. The way she shoots, GA will get her on the floor for 30 minutes a game. In the women’s game today, an elite 3 ball shooter is the ultimate weapon and if she’d gotten 12 wide open 3s like CW did today, at least 7 would’ve gone down.
when you live to shoot and you shoot 40% plus from three and 50% plus from everywhere else on the court, and you have a partner in crime who gets you the ball whenever you want it wherever you want it, you don't sit on the bench except to catch your breath........

Reaction Score
EW is most likely gone. And good for her. I hope she has a great season and has a high draft pick. Who in the BY wanted to spend an extra year in college, especially when a contract was dangling in front of her? It wouldn't be me. Best of luck EW what ever you want to do.

Reaction Score
when you live to shoot and you shoot 40% plus from three and 50% plus from everywhere else on the court, and you have a partner in crime who gets you the ball whenever you want it wherever you want it, you don't sit on the bench except to catch your breath........
Yeah, it’s a no brainer. Plus she and Bueckers are pretty much interchangeable at PG. You’d have two kids that understand how to really use the high screen, slash off it, and know what to do when they get into the paint.

Reaction Score
Williams is WNBA material. ONO.........too soft.

i don‘t disagree that Liv is currently too soft. However, I found it interesting that LaChina Robinson, on an thought provoking 1/7/21 podcast posted by @eebmg, stated that she felt that Liv had the most upside and potential of anyone on the current Uconn roster. Hopefully, LaChina’s prediction will start to come true, and soon. We need ONO to play really well in the tournament, and she will be a very important piece as a senior next season.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Williams I frankly couldn't care less about.
I have nothing but respect for a basketball master mind! And how dumb has Geno gotten???
He has her playing the second most minutes of anyone on the team!
Pretty gloomy picture if Williams hangs around. ;) I hate using this one but sometimes credit when due. Head bang

Reaction Score
Geno said sometimes he go “wow she’s going to be really good” in practice about Westbrook, to me that sounds like someone who’s going to be back and get another year of coaching before heading to the pros, but it is a weaker draft and I would say Westbrook is probably the 3rd best guard in the class, she’s likely a top 6 pick at the moment.

Reaction Score
Read the comment from the OP. An awful comment. Awful.

Ooo I read it. Decided not commenting was the best move. I questioning others in the tread. Numerous posts say if she stays. Just wondering where she’d go if she didn’t??

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Please read the rules.
"Regarding speculation - we don't EVER speculate on possible transfers here."

Seems clearly enough written. Stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors