Will we reschedule for next week? | The Boneyard

Will we reschedule for next week?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
IF we play this Saturday, we have a 7-day break between Butler and Seton Hall. If we play this Saturday, we should schedule to play Xavier. If we don't play this weekend, we should schedule both games next week. It could be up to three weeks since our last game if we don't schedule Xavier next week

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I’m not sure the Big East or the NCAA cares about the length of time in between our games.

With the CRC basically saying if you’re sick you can play after 5 days, that gives the NCAA a chance to update its policy on quarantine. So we technically could play Saturday - but for logistics purposes that decision would need to be made soon.

Reaction Score
Read this in an article yesterday...
"The conference has full authority to reschedule, which is a change from last season, when schools took the lead while working with the league"

Doesn't look like the school will necessarily have a say in terms of rescheduled dates. In the leagues hands

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I’m not sure the Big East or the NCAA cares about the length of time in between our games.

With the CRC basically saying if you’re sick you can play after 5 days, that gives the NCAA a chance to update its policy on quarantine. So we technically could play Saturday - but for logistics purposes that decision would need to be made soon.

A couple of things: you can only do the five-day quarantine if you're asymptomatic at that point, and it's still recommended that that person wear a mask when in contact with people for following five days. So it's not just as simple as five days after a positive test everyone is back with zero restrictions.

Reaction Score

They do care, the Big East said they'll reschedule for anything other than games on back to back days and no more than 3 games a week

Reaction Score
They do care, the Big East said they'll reschedule for anything other than games on back to back days and no more than 3 games a week
I think @CTBasketball was saying the Big East won't use preventing a long time between games as a reason to rush to reschedule a game ASAP.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

What about rescheduling the Xavier game for Wednesday of next week?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Saturday, Wednesday, Saturday, Lock and Load

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
If we don't play this Saturday it'll be almost 3 weeks without a game. We have to reschedule for next week

Reaction Score
If we don't reschedule to next week for a game (OR BOTH - MON WEDNS for all I care), then this really is another COVID season. Unbelievable.

Reaction Score
Why not have the Big. East and the NCAA think out of the boxwhile this virus is terrorizings sports and push the final four a little further into April. Hell was is a few more days to not lose games time.

Reaction Score
Why not have the Big. East and the NCAA think out of the boxwhile this virus is terrorizings sports and push the final four a little further into April. Hell was is a few more days to not lose games time.
That’s what I said last year I don’t know why they tried to jam everything in in March who cares if it leaks into the middle of April and effects baseball and lacrosse

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
XL Center is booked next week except for Mon-Wed

Wolf Pack Sunday, Disney On Ice the rest of the week (lol)

Reaction Score
Doesn't even sound like Hurley is confident in January 8th. The team hasn't practiced together since December 21. This is all per Horde on a call with Hurley now.

COVID takes away another season. Unbelievable.

Reaction Score
COVID takes away another season. Unbelievable.
The silver lining is that with 9 players confirmed or presumed having it, we'll always have at least 7 guys going forward (assuming at least 7 of those are Omicron and that another evading strain doesn't pop up in next 3 months)..

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
luther rage GIF

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member