Will we be extending the Georgetown series? | The Boneyard

Will we be extending the Georgetown series?

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
With the game coming up, I looked this up and couldn't find any confirmation. I truly believe this game and the Syracuse game should be played every year. So far our OOC schedule for next year is
@ Arizona
@ Auburn
Syracuse @ MSG
3-game tournament in Portland

Reaction Score
I think we should be aiming higher. Georgetown just doesn't have the cachet they once did. Maybe fringe Top 25, but usually not.

I'd love to see a series with Michigan State or someone of that caliber. Arizona is a step in the right direction.

pj

Reaction Score
Trouble with Gonzaga coming to Storrs is that then we'd have to return to Spokane. Tough travel. I'd rather play Georgetown home and home.

Reaction Score
I think we should be aiming higher. Georgetown just doesn't have the cachet they once did. Maybe fringe Top 25, but usually not.

I'd love to see a series with Michigan State or someone of that caliber. Arizona is a step in the right direction.
I agree. MSU would be great, or even one of the north carolina teams. Gtown...super mediocre for 4-5 years now.

Reaction Score
Need some marquee home games next season. This season has ultimately become a wash (trending upwards now, but still) and our "notable" OOC home game was Auburn...

Reaction Score

If Arizona is a "step in the right direction" then I'm not sure you're gonna be happy with anyone not named Duke or Kansas.

I don't know what else is available, but in a vacuum, Georgetown would be a good team to renew with. They're not going to be bad forever and the irony is that their fans could be having this same discussion about us.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I would rather do a home and home with nova over any other OBE team not named cuse

shizzle787

Reaction Score
I would rather do a home and home with nova over any other OBE team not named cuse
I would do a h/h with Villanova over one with Georgetown but why not have both. We need the SOS.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I think it may be a generational or age thing, but games with Georgetown mean something because they meant everything at the beginning of the "emergence" under Coach Calhoun. Those games were so epic and remarkable that they have a special place in the history of the UConn/Calhoun era. I would also like to see games with Villanova and Pitt (yes, even Pitt).

Reaction Score
I'd be happy playing any of the former BE schools except for maybe Depaul.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I would do a h/h with Villanova over one with Georgetown but why not have both. We need the SOS.
we shouldn't scheuld GTown if that's the case, lousiville?

shizzle787

Reaction Score
we shouldn't scheuld GTown if that's the case, lousiville?
I would. Louisville is a good team to schedule. However, I would rather schedule Virginia if we are going the reasonable to get ACC route.

I've stated this before, and I will again. We need to take advantage of scheduling regulations to get as good a schedule as possible while not too negatively affecting revenues. My plan is simple, you can play 13 non-conference games, so play 13. Ollie only scheduled 12 this year. Lost revenue. With these 13 games, 3 will be a preseason tourney and one will be the Syracuse yearly series at MSG. 4 other games should be h/h series with P6 (including NBE) schools: such as Arizona, Auburn, Georgetown, Michigan St. The other 5 games should be pay games against solid but not great local mid majors:
Yale, Harvard, Quinnipiac, Fairfield, Princeton. We already have the first six games for next year, I'm hoping we can schedule two more h/h series with P6 schools, and then 5 decent pay games.

Reaction Score
I'd sign on for a 3 year plan (with hopes of another rotation) of exCuse home/away/MSG, Puke or NC same rotation then IN, MSU, Zona or UCLA same. Only 1 possible trip west in the 3 year span and maybe then we add a home and home with Gonzaga. A guy can dream but I think every program wins in that scenario. Just love national games on CBS or big espn from The Garden. All the home and homes would be automatic national games too. That's how we stay visible.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Bump: we need this game next year. Given that we were home last year and away this year, we would be home next year. Why can't this be a series like Cincy/Xavier that is played yearly?

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Why can't this be a series like Cincy/Xavier that is played yearly?

Because Cincy-Xavier is a game between two schools separated by 5 miles?

As far as I've seen, there's no plans to pick this series back up beyond this year.

Reaction Score
Maybe focus on beating GTown FIRST before aiming higher....

Eh, we beat them last year; still would like to play them though. But it's not like UConn has a great struggle beating G'town.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom