Will Wade done? | The Boneyard

Will Wade done?

Reaction Score
Exclusive: Wiretap reveals LSU coach Will Wade discussed recruiting 'offer' with hoops scandal middleman
A 2017 phone conversation intercepted by the FBI between LSU coach Will Wade and basketball middleman Christian Dawkins features Wade speaking freely about a “strong-ass offer” he made in the recruitment of a prospect, Yahoo Sports has learned.

On part of the call, Wade expresses frustration that a third party affiliated with the recruitment had yet to accept Wade’s “offer.” Instead, a verbal commitment to LSU was being delayed because Wade theorized he hadn’t given the third party a big “enough piece of the pie in the deal” and instead “tilted” the offer toward the player and his mother.

Reaction Score
How is his recruiting classes looking?

Reaction Score
Exclusive: Wiretap reveals LSU coach Will Wade discussed recruiting 'offer' with hoops scandal middleman
A 2017 phone conversation intercepted by the FBI between LSU coach Will Wade and basketball middleman Christian Dawkins features Wade speaking freely about a “strong-ass offer” he made in the recruitment of a prospect, Yahoo Sports has learned.

On part of the call, Wade expresses frustration that a third party affiliated with the recruitment had yet to accept Wade’s “offer.” Instead, a verbal commitment to LSU was being delayed because Wade theorized he hadn’t given the third party a big “enough piece of the pie in the deal” and instead “tilted” the offer toward the player and his mother.

He should have bought a bigger pie.

Reaction Score
What recruits did we recently lose to LSU?
Tremont Waters and...?

Just Tremont. We were one of the first schools to recruit Naz Reid but weren't involved late. I seem to remember the player involved being Balsa Koprivica but I could be mistaken.

Reaction Score
Just Tremont. We were one of the first schools to recruit Naz Reid but weren't involved late. I seem to remember the player involved being Balsa Koprivica but I could be mistaken.

It could have been Balsa Mikviniga.

Reaction Score
What's crazy is they have Will Wade on tape discussing offers and such for Balsa Koprivica and Javonte Smart (recruit this article is about).

Koprivica is the #57 ranked recruit in 2019 Composite rankings
Smart was #35 in 2018 composite rankings.

Not even high level players we're talking about here.

Reaction Score
What's crazy is they have Will Wade on tape discussing offers and such for Balsa Koprivica and Javonte Smart (recruit this article is about).

I mean, that’s pretty high level

StingLykOllie

How do I change my name...
Reaction Score

Koprivica and Smart were both top 5 recruits for their class early on and both fell after a while.

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score

Smart was criminally underrated. He’s been killing it while Tremont was out.

Reaction Score
How is his recruiting classes looking?
Nowhere near the same this year, for obvious reasons.

He did land James Bishop though, who is really underrated. He'll score a lot of points in college. He was great on the UAA circuit.

Reaction Score
I mean, how is this any different than the recording they have on Sean Miller? That hasn’t seemed to affect him to this point. I’m sure their time will be up soon. I think the NCAA needs to threaten to come down hard on any schools that are knowingly keeping these coaches on their staff when they have evidence they’ve been involved. Give them 2 Options:

1) Terminate your coach immediately and you’ll only suffer a scholarship reduction and 5 year postseason ban
2) Keep you coach and you’ll get the death sentence for your program

Time to weed out the rats and clean this sport up. No person or program should be too big to fall here. If Coach K and Duke have been pet of this he should be gone and stripped from the record books. Same goes with all the other big program (KU, UK, UNC, etc.).

Reaction Score
I mean, how is this any different than the recording they have on Sean Miller? That hasn’t seemed to affect him to this point. I’m sure their time will be up soon. I think the NCAA needs to threaten to come down hard on any schools that are knowingly keeping these coaches on their staff when they have evidence they’ve been involved. Give them 2 Options:

1) Terminate your coach immediately and you’ll only suffer a scholarship reduction and 5 year postseason ban

Time to weed out the rats and clean this sport up. No person or program should be too big to fall here. If Coach K and Duke have been pet of this he should be gone and stripped from the record books. Same goes with all the other big program (KU, UK, UNC, etc.).

The best is dookies thinking Zion turned down 100K to play for Duke for free.

Reaction Score

How'd you like to buy the Brooklyn Bridge?

Reaction Score
I mean, that’s pretty high level
But in the scope of players getting paid, you wouldn't think it would trickle down to the guys outside the top-15-25, let alone #35 and #57.

But yeah, it seems like these guys were ranked higher than where they finished when these convos originally went down.

Reaction Score
it is so obvious & clear LSU / Wade are guilty, NCAA needs to quickly act and impose an immediate post-season ban otherwise LSU is just making a mockery of the Tourney & the already pathetic NCAA. There is no 3 year NCAA investigation required on this one, it should take about 5 minutes to say sayonara LSU.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
But in the scope of players getting paid, you wouldn't think it would trickle down to the guys outside the top-15-25, let alone #35 and #57.

But yeah, it seems like these guys were ranked higher than where they finished when these convos originally went down.
When you have that SEC money you can pay your walk-ons

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Most of the 'lesser' school getting Top 50 guys is probably paying. We only got the very tip of the iceberg with this FBI investigation.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

He's already skated once, so I don't see why he wouldn't again. He's pretty well insulated so can pull the "I didn't know" defense. Which leads to "failing to create an atmosphere of compliance " up here but whatever.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Why not? If lesser schools, who have boosters too, want to compete, they need to grab Top 50 guys. Usually with lesser resources than the top. Easy solution is to offer up something.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Can’t he just use the excuse “by offer I meant the full cost of tuition, playing time, good seats for his parents, etc. I didn’t mean cash”?

Reaction Score
Can’t he just use the excuse “by offer I meant the full cost of tuition, playing time, good seats for his parents, etc. I didn’t mean cash”?

Perhaps they go with the defense of "we give all our students 'offers' "

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom