Will UConn Sign a Polish Player? | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Will UConn Sign a Polish Player?

Reaction Score

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Another solid game although she still has not quite found her long range shot yet:
Koszykówka - Basket Liga Kobiet

The last game of the regular season is on Saturday. Right now, they are in position to be the 4 seed in the playoffs, which gives them homecourt for the first series and a decent chance of advancing. The rest of the playoffs after that are quite long.
Thanks for your diligence on these updates about Anna. I believe the original article stated that she not expected to visit US until sometime in May. Sounds like she is well worth the wait.

Reaction Score
Pretty good game to end the regular season:
Koszykówka - Basket Liga Kobiet

The team below them lost so their matchup in the quarterfinals will instead be powerhouse Wisla Krakow, which has had a disappointing season, but is still dangerous. Their WNBA players are Jordin Canada and Mercedes Russell with another American in Sofija Aleksandravicius and a number of reputable Spanish players, including former Florida State player Leonor Rodriguez and Maria Conde. The preliminary schedule has the best of five series ending next Saturday, Sunday, or Wednesday.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
The "end of the signing period" is very much an artificial deadline. The real deadline is that the athlete must be enrolled by the first day of classes for the fall semester. I know this from personal experience because my daughter signed in July. Sabrina Ionescu showed up at Oregon I believe the week that classes started which was late August.
She announced her commitment to Oregon in June of that year. I'm not a close follower of recruiting, but that's the latest I can remember any major recruit waiting to announce.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
She announced her commitment to Oregon in June of that year. I'm not a close follower of recruiting, but that's the latest I can remember any major recruit waiting to announce.
Both Sabrina and Shoni announced late.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I thought the Ionescu thing was a little ridiculous. I felt like she was dragging it on for no reason - other than attention.

Her reasons might not align with what some would have had her do, but I find it unlikely that she waited just to get attention. She’s a pretty goal oriented player.

Reaction Score
I thought the Ionescu thing was a little ridiculous. I felt like she was dragging it on for no reason - other than attention.
She was playing schools against each other, trying to get her twin brother a basketball scholarship as part of a package deal.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

Her reasons might not align with what some would have had her do, but I find it unlikely that she waited just to get attention. She’s a pretty goal oriented player.

She certainly had her reason, deferred the decision twice, which led to the speculation that she was trying to secure a walkon opportunity for her twin brother and also a coaching opportunity for her AAU coach. What I remember and found most strange is Graves did not know she was coming. According to Graves he walked into the gym one week before classes started and Sabrina was there, much to his surprise.
Why Sabrina Ionescu is the last uncommitted top 25 girls basketball recruit

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
She certainly had her reason, deferred the decision twice, which led to the speculation that she was trying to secure a walkon opportunity for her twin brother and also a coaching opportunity for her AAU coach. What I remember and found most strange is Graves did not know she was coming. According to Graves he walked into the gym one week before classes started and Sabrina was there, much to his surprise.
Why Sabrina Ionescu is the last uncommitted top 25 girls basketball recruit
Talk about a pleasant surprise!

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Long story short, Q is short for Q Ball, cause I’ve been shaving my head since I was 3.
Your avatar should be titled Cue, not Q.
Dictionary
cue ball
/ˈkyo͞o ˌbôl/
noun
  1. the ball, usually a white one, that is to be struck with the cue in pool, billiards, snooker, etc.
Q-ball or Q Ball may refer to: Q-ball, a hypothetical form of matter (namely, a non-topological soliton), in theoretical physics. Q Ball, the nickname of the dynamic pressure (Q) sensor module in the Apollo spacecraft launch escape system. Q-ball, a slang term for the drug quetiapine???????:eek::confused::rolleyes:;)

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Your avatar should be titled Cue, not Q.
Dictionary
cue ball
/ˈkyo͞o ˌbôl/
noun
  1. the ball, usually a white one, that is to be struck with the cue in pool, billiards, snooker, etc.
Q-ball or Q Ball may refer to: Q-ball, a hypothetical form of matter (namely, a non-topological soliton), in theoretical physics. Q Ball, the nickname of the dynamic pressure (Q) sensor module in the Apollo spacecraft launch escape system. Q-ball, a slang term for the drug quetiapine???????:eek::confused::rolleyes:;)

Technically accurate!!

Addendum story:

When I would go to latchkey after school we had a sign in sheet. It was run by 2 then UConn students. The nickname had been so ingrained in the crew that everyone there called me “Q.”

One day I showed up for the sign in sheet and couldn’t find my name.

It was moved up (alphabetically) to “Ball, Q”

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Makurat and Arka Gdynia will play CCC Polkowice (Tiff Hayes, Jas Thomas, etc) in the semis.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Semifinals between Arka Gdynia and CCC Pokowice begin on Saturday 4/13.

Makurat plays for Arka Gdynia and Tiff Hayes and Jasmine Thomas play for CCC Polkowice.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Semifinals between Arka Gdynia and CCC Pokowice begin on Saturday 4/13.

Makurat plays for Arka Gdynia and Tiff Hayes and Jasmine Thomas play for CCC Polkowice.

Cat is that a prediction?

Reaction Score
She can be seen in this video from last season.

Coincidentally her sister Ola (6ft 3 jr.) will play at University of Utah this year (Played two seasons for Liberty). If you don't want her send her to Utah. lol

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Coincidentally her sister Ola (6ft 3 jr.) will play at University of Utah this year (Played two seasons for Liberty). If you don't want her send her to Utah. lol
As you note, Ola played 2 years and sat out a year as a transfer. That shows a commitment to collegiate basketball and a U.S. college education. Anna wants to play at UConn. I think/hope she will.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Love pierogi, golambki, platzki
Pierogies stuffed with lekvar. Yum! At a fair we encountered a group selling their pierogies to raise money for their church. It was very hot and very humid (St. Louis). They didn't have the equipment to insure the pierogies would remain fresh and healthy. So they froze them and deep fried them. I was partial to the pierogies stuffed with dilled meat. I told them they just invented the Polish empanada.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom