Will UConn participate in pay for play? | The Boneyard

Will UConn participate in pay for play?

Will UConn pay players?

• Total voters

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
For those who don't know, the NCAA convention happened this week and there was a vote to allow each division autonomy to create their own divisional changes. It went through in a landslide. Right now, Greg Sankey (SEC commissioner) is one of the co-chairs of the Division 1 transformation committee tasked with moving the division into the future. One of the things on the horizon is pay for play. There is a solid chance come next year schools with have to pay players. Will UConn pay athletes and stay at the highest level of collegiate sports?

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
With how much some are making in NIL, do we still need to pay them?

Reaction Score
If they are being paid, should they still receive a full scholarship and other stipends? Why not ditch the 4 year eligibility rule and let them play as long as they want. Heck, remove the barrier of having to go to class. I think the kids should benefit more than they do, but they should also be seeking an education for when they are no longer playing. That should be the goal for most.

Reaction Score
Lol to those who think we haven’t already been playing the game. You can’t compete at this level without playing “the game”. We are and we will
Playing the game meaning paying people under the table/through intermediaries?

Reaction Score
Playing the game meaning paying people under the table/through intermediaries?
Meaning doing what every other high major is doing to win. Read between the lines

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Do you think they pay the staff millions of dollars for fun? Of course they’ll make room for the players on official payroll if need be.

Reaction Score
Yes, I agree with AntG. I always laugh when I see people here making L$U jokes like we're morally above them. We're a top 25 team with top 25 talent. I had a friend that played soccer at a top 25 team. He was given over $200 to pay for a meal every away game. Teams have their ways to skirt the rules.

Reaction Score
If it comes to paying players, I think UConn will. That said, I don’t think all colleges will go down that path.

Reaction Score
Meaning doing what every other high major is doing to win. Read between the lines
It’s very easy to make those claims about anyone and pull it out of thin air

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I wonder if there are still restrictions on text messages

Reaction Score
It’s very easy to make those claims about anyone and pull it out of thin air
You can’t know anyone personally who’s ever played d1 basketball. 80% of power 5 players are being compensated

Reaction Score
You can’t know anyone personally who’s ever played d1 basketball. 80% of power 5 players are being compensated
Only kid I know know like that was offered a bag from a lot of places, so I get your general point. my point is it’s easy to throw stuff out there about kids getting paid but irresponsible to throw it out there on hurleys name if you don’t actually know.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom