Will Stanford End UConn's Home Winning Streak Record

Will Stanford Stop UConn Home Winnning Streak Record

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
UConn holds the NCAA record for Home Winning streak at 85 games after last night's win against Pacific. Stanford stopped UConn's winning streak record at 90 games. Will they stop UConn home winning steak on Monday.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
That is the last thing anyone should be worrying or thinking about.

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
It's very tough to travel from the west coast to play an east coast game. From my understanding, it's worse than traveling from east to west for a game. Jet lag can be a factor if Stanford doesn't arrive far enough in advance of the game. The last time they played at UConn, they hit the wall in the 2nd half. Even if all things are equal, I'm thinking KML, Tiffany, and Caroline have big games.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Nah, they broke a streak in Palo Alto last year. Not in Hartford this year.

Should be a tight game, though.

We have Kaleena and they don't.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Not if the crowd has anything to say about it. I was in the Civic Center 2 years ago when we howled and stomped and created a wall of noise that, I think, helped wear down Stanford. Even Tara VDV commented on it. I will be there again on Monday - and I'm bringing my Husky megaphone (fair warning to those in section 214).

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I'll be there too. The team needs a strong homecourt advantage. I see this game as a tossup. Dolson has the size to be a real force in this game. I think they're going to have to double up on her if she's playing well, which makes it vital that UConn hits its outside shots. Hitting a high percentage of threes is going to make or break UConn, IMO.

Reaction Score
Will be interesting to see how the 3 amigo's handle their first big time college game-national tv, a huge crowd and facing a team like Stanford. I am thinking they all raise to the challenge.

HGN

Reaction Score
UConn holds the NCAA record for Home Winning streak at 85 games after last night's win against Pacific. Stanford stopped UConn's winning streak record at 90 games. Will they stop UConn home winning steak on Monday.
The mere fact that Stanford stopped our winning streak at 90 before is the reason that won't win Monday....UConn has motivation to win that game on its homecourt this time. Stanford has the advantage in experience , but UConn has the homecourt advantage. I believe it will be a GOOD game. But i also beleive UConn wins it. We are healthy and they are healthy. The teams are both ready for a Prime Time national broadcast. The difference this year is we have a bench.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
...and I'm bringing my Husky megaphone (fair warning to those in section 214).

I'll come prepared too then....:)

images

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I'll come prepared too then....:)
Really, after 10 years or so of sitting near me at games I would think you'd know to bring the earplugs anyway.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I'm thinking of driving up from Philly if I can get my hands on a ticket that is good enough to justify the trip.

Reaction Score
I'm thinking of driving up from Philly if I can get my hands on a ticket that is good enough to justify the trip.

CPTV had a few they were hawking last night.

Peace,

John Fryer

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Perhaps you can enlighten the board on a daily basis on what everyone should or shouldn't be thinking about.
My point is simple worry about the wrong thing and you are likely to get the wrong outcome. Specifically, there is no way the team should get distracted by worrying about streaks. Focus on the game, focus on each possession and let the chips fall where they may.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Perhaps you can enlighten the board on a daily basis on what everyone should or shouldn't be thinking about.
That really bothered you enough to make this snarky reply?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
My point is simple worry about the wrong thing and you are likely to get the wrong outcome. Specifically, there is no way the team should get distracted by worrying about streaks. Focus on the game, focus on each possession and let the chips fall where they may.

The team shouldn't be worrying about records but fans, being fans, will worry about anything. Unless the fans are stupefied into silence at the game due to their worry, I don't think it will affect the team.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
When I posted the poll, I was curious about what the FANS were thinking about, not the team. Geno and the coaching staff will have the team concerned about what they will need to do to beat Stanford, like he did during the long winning streak. Also the freshmen will want to perform well in the 1st big game of the year.

However, I'm sure in the back of Tiff and Caroline's mind and possibly others the thought, don't let Stanford do it to us again will be there. IMHO that's not so bad.

Reaction Score
Coaching counts. Very occasionally , yet over a period of years, I've been calling for the use of a deeper bench AND, specifically, for considering subbing in "waves" at times......running the other team right off the court. Was delighted last night to see that, during a SIGNIFICANT time in the game, Coach did just that. We went on about a 30-2 run.....from what had been something like 11-7, I think. Won't happen every time.....but it'll happen plenty with the depth of talent we have and have had and will have. The folks watching here went happily beserk when he put those three kids in when some of the starters were not performing at the level needed/expected.

So, not yet mentioned in this thread is that one BIG key to this Stanford game ( just as it was last year with ND... and other times), will be coaching......Coach not getting fearful and shrinking the line-up because of playing a better team. May Yarders will say he didnt have the horses in prior years.....I disagree .......and, if he didnt have them, one reason he didnt have them is that he didnt DEVELOP them by doing what he finally did last night...............that is, SHOWING enough CONFIDENCE in them early in the season to put them in the game when the game was one the line rather than in garbage time.......and putting them in as a fresh "block" pumped up to swarm tiring opponents. You don't think those kids are feeling like world beaters today? Coaching decisions, not just coaching comments, communicate very, very important messages.

LEwis says in the press today that Coach is SAYING he wants to utilize all eleven. Lordy, I hope so----then, when the inevitable injuries (sadly, the historical odds are that they surely will occur, to one extent or another..........Shea, Svetlana, Caroline, and on and on and one) we will have confident and prepared replacements ready.....and will not miss out on he banners that could be added (and, could HAVE been added) to the rafters.

Coach and our staff do a marvelous job of recruiting (and of so much else as well). Make use of what you recruit. By the way, in line with this theme: take a look at Johnson (LAST in virtually every time in the four games) and her productivity every time. Geno says she can't run? I bet she gets up and down the floor faster than Dolson????

While i'm at it, I would also suggest not making the game more complicated than it must be, and let the kids like Banks and Houston etc PLAY the way they know how. There isn't just ONE "precisely right" way to be a solid and contributing basketball player on a championship team.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Hello Kettle, it's the Pot. You're black.
really? You see me telling people what to post or what not to post? Feel free to link that post.

And nice way not answering my question.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
The team shouldn't be worrying about records but fans, being fans, will worry about anything. Unless the fans are stupefied into silence at the game due to their worry, I don't think it will affect the team.
I did say anyone, not everyone. Of course, fans always worry about anything and everything. We have seen those silent fans many times before.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
It will be a close game for sure. I believe we have a big edge in guard play. If we pressure Stanford's guards like we did Pacific, it could get real interesting.

We get the edge in team speed. And we have more depth in the frontline than last year. Kia could play a key role. And if Heather can contribute like she has the last two games we should be able to battle Stanford's front court to a stand still.

So we win by 5 to 8.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
No tickets left but high up behind the baskets ... why did I wait so long......????
I am predicting UConn wins by 12-15 going away.
A bold prediction by a man with a hunch and a dream. (And very little else.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom