Will She Stay or Will She Go? (Poll) | The Boneyard

Will She Stay or Will She Go? (Poll)

Will She Stay or Will She Go?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
We've heard that UVA is or was reaching out to Dawn Staley to fill their vacant HC job. Question is, now that Dawn has multiple SEC championships, a National championship, and the head coaching job for the national team, and has no "big guns" remaining with the Gamecocks, will she be leaving Columbia and making the move "home" to Charlottesville?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
No. She stays. She is to South Carolina what Geno is to Connecticut. Virginia is the same long distant memory to her and Geno as well.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
She's staying. She has a good thing going and has worked her butt of to get her program to the level it's at. They'll be down next year but should still be a steady top 20 program for years to come.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
She stays as she is the Queen of the SEC. She's taking on the USA Basketball Program and does not have time to revamp that program. Plus, I don't know how Virginia can pay more for her.

Reaction Score
Sometimes the alma mater thing is a pretty strong pull.....but she seem so right for South Carolina....

Reaction Score
No way she leaves, just like there's no way Vic leaves Mississippi State to take Gary Blair's job when Blair retires. Both would be backwards steps, and would bring significant pain to many of those who supported these trailblazers when building their respective programs into what they are today.

Reaction Score
We've heard that UVA is or was reaching out to Dawn Staley to fill their vacant HC job. Question is, now that Dawn has multiple SEC championships, a National championship, and the head coaching job for the national team, and has no "big guns" remaining with the Gamecocks, will she be leaving Columbia and making the move "home" to Charlottesville?
Why would she leave South Carolina for Virginia? It is not like moving from a mid-major to a major. Of course, UVA would want her. They would like to have Geno or CD as well. I can see why Dawn might wish to move on, as it is likely a downhill run from here. She has reached the heights she promised to bring to the Gamecocks, and then some.

Where did Dawn play in college? If that is a " major" looking for a new coach, she might have interest.
Also ( and of course ) money is a draw. So if UVA opens the Bank, they might have a shot.

And this is probably your point. Sorry to waste your time.

Reaction Score
Ummm ...UVA.

It baffles me why UVA is not more successful. They are located right in the middle of fertile recruiting ground. Are they not committed to having a winning program?

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
With Aja graduating there is a slight window for her to consider moving on.
Neighbors did that when he parlayed Wash success into the Ark job.

But SC, while weaker, is not a bare cupboard the way Wash was.

I vote she stays.

Reaction Score
Ummm ...UVA.
Thanks JAVA. I had no idea she played at UVA. That, and $$$, could be a huge appeal. Also, Dawn has thrived on taking a mediocre program to greatness. Does she wish to try again? I don't really know what talent remains at South Carolina, nor how their recruiting class is. My guess; both are really strong. So it is a hard choice to leave for UVA, though tempting, I'm sure.

Reaction Score
She has commented on several occasions over the years that one of the holes in her career was not getting a National Championship as a player at UVA...could be a strong pull inside of her... She will be good at where ever she is....

Reaction Score
There is a lot of talent in Virginia, Dawn does a good job keeping players home, I’m sure she could do the same for UVA. She will have some good guards next year at South Carolina but not a lot of post depth, not sure they will be top 4 in the SEC next year. I think she could have UVA up and rolling by the 2019-2020 season.

Reaction Score
She's staying. She has a good thing going and has worked her butt of to get her program to the level it's at. They'll be down next year but should still be a steady top 20 program for years to come.

You think we'll be down?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom