Will refs let UConn play? | The Boneyard

Will refs let UConn play?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We officially have no big men with less than 2 fouls, with more than 7 minutes to go in the first half.

Reaction Score
Seriously wondering if we would be better off as an independent team without a formal conference affiliation. I can't see what the benefit of being in the AAC has been. Conference has zero credibility as we will see with the selections later, it's a random collection of institutions, and the officiating all year long has made the games virtually unwatchable as you have no idea what they will call when.

Maybe just go it alone until a better conference becomes an option like ND football does

Reaction Score
No one is crashing the boards, SMU is not that good

Reaction Score
No one is crashing the boards, SMU is not that good

SMU is crashing them. Really, they've been crashing and pushing into the backs of UConn players since second 1. The refs caught them for fouls the last 3 times they did it, but not the first 3 times. Even Ollie is complaining. Which is saying something.

Reaction Score
Brimah for the 2 seconds he was in played dumb and Nolan has been abused, he's not a real starter so no blame. Lubin has potential, why haven't we seen him this year, could have gained experience and helped. Kennedy and Moreira are no good huh? We have no answer, Brimah has to look in the mirror.

Reaction Score
Smu's bigs aren't that great.....only Lubin is boxing out. At this point pack it in and box tha F out and let the bigs shoot from outside just not nic Moore.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Refs came into this game determined that UConn would not win. We need to get out of this league.

Reaction Score
Refs have nothing to do with this outcome. Stop complaining

Smu is the better team this year

Reaction Score
Refs have nothing to do with this outcome. Stop complaining

Smu is the better team this year

Thanks for not disappointing me. I agree. UCONN is just not a good team this year. However, no matter how bad the refs are, someone always steps in on this board to deflect attention from bad officiating. " stop complaining " is someone's standard response. The fact is, refs do influence the game. They did today.
Just once I would like to see Ollie do more than grimace at terrible calls.

Reaction Score
Yes the refs are responsible for uconn not rebounding

Boat having an off day and playing not at 100%

The team shooting under 30% in the first half

The back door cuts where defenders lost focus

It's all the refs fault

Reaction Score
Thanks for not disappointing me. I agree. UCONN is just not a good team this year. However, no matter how bad the refs are, someone always steps in on this board to deflect attention from bad officiating. " stop complaining " is someone's standard response. The fact is, refs do influence the game. They did today.
Just once I would like to see Ollie do more than grimace at terrible calls.
Would have loved a Bobby Knight chair throwing incident after Boat got his 5th. Was over anyways.

Reaction Score
Would have loved a Bobby Knight chair throwing incident after Boat got his 5th. Was over anyways.

Those fouls at the end when UConn was down 6 just sucked the wind out of the game.

I have to say, it looked like UConn was getting all ball there.

Reaction Score
Yes the refs are responsible for uconn not rebounding

Boat having an off day and playing not at 100%

The team shooting under 30% in the first half

The back door cuts where defenders lost focus

It's all the refs fault

Reaction Score
Thanks for the low key response. You are agreeing with me that UCONN just wasn't a good "team" this year
I just tired of the automatic defend the refs response on here. I said the refs set the tone and they did. Do you think the slam to Boatrights head was an accident. I don't. And yes it did take the focus out of Boatright early. I suppose you also defend uncalled fouls on all the shoving under the basket while calling ticky tacs on Boatright outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom