Will losses like these help... | The Boneyard

Will losses like these help...

Reaction Score
Will losses like these help us down the stretch? Teams close to the end of the season are often burnt out but idk if that’s us. Young player development and getting minutes between now and tournament time is huge. AG, Vital and Carlton are no where consistent enough to lead this team. Need to empower the youth/future.

we have lost 7 games in the last minute of regulation. We were down to St Joes by 25 and cut it to 5 with 5mins left - I count that too. The team has grit but the fat lady ain’t doesn’t sing on UConn until March. We are a play maker away from being 17-2... so sad.

my biggest fear is the Conference simply not allowing us to win and sweet talk refs into calling cheap fouls - not sure if this is actually happening but some calls are so off it just feels like the AAC’s goal is to make it as difficult as possible for a Conference Championship run leaving The American.

Up next:
Temple (10-9)
@ Memphis (14-5)
@ Tulsa (14-6)
Cinci (12-7)
@ SMU (15-4)
Memphis (14-5)
@ Temple (10-9)
USF (8-12)
UCF (11-8)
@ECU (9-10)
Houston (16-4)
@Tulane (10-9)

the end of our schedule is pretty light so hopefully we will see the lightbulbs go off with the staff and co.

Reaction Score
Will losses like these help us down the stretch? Teams close to the end of the season are often burnt out but idk if that’s us. Young player development and getting minutes between now and tournament time is huge. AG, Vital and Carlton are no where consistent enough to lead this team. Need to empower the youth/future.

we have lost 7 games in the last minute of regulation. We were down to St Joes by 25 and cut it to 5 with 5mins left - I count that too. The team has grit but the fat lady ain’t doesn’t sing on UConn until March. We are a play maker away from being 17-2... so sad.

my biggest fear is the Conference simply not allowing us to win and sweet talk refs into calling cheap fouls - not sure if this is actually happening but some calls are so off it just feels like the AAC’s goal is to make it as difficult as possible for a Conference Championship run leaving The American.

Up next:
Temple (10-9)
@ Memphis (14-5)
@ Tulsa (14-6)
Cinci (12-7)
@ SMU (15-4)
Memphis (14-5)
@ Temple (10-9)
USF (8-12)
UCF (11-8)
@ECU (9-10)
Houston (16-4)
@Tulane (10-9)

the end of our schedule is pretty light so hopefully we will see the lightbulbs go off with the staff and co.

NO, They don't help !!!!!

Reaction Score
The fat lady has sung,
The officials are not colluding with the league to hold us down, and
None of our future opponents should be considered light.

Other than that, agree with your sentiment.

Reaction Score
\

hopefully we will see the lightbulbs go off with the staff and co.

I think we saw the lightbulb go off last game. Carlton only in when needed for specific effects/AG benched to end the game and OT. Coach found the spark he needed from the young guys. Vital needs to be on the court, but play within himself and compliment the rest of them with tough D, key buckets and emotion. I think the end of the year will still have heart breaking losses, but if expectations are to see progress, we can finish the year with optimism..and hopefully a run in the NIT.

Reaction Score
The mighty St. Joe's is now 0-7 in their conference and 4-16 overall. Nothing will help this team except the hope of starting over next year with new bodies in the mix.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
They do help, but not as much as finally winning a close one. Nothing beats learning how to win. Things can start to turn around with a victory against Temple. Let the good times roll!.

Reaction Score
Just looking at the schedule and how we've hung around, I think there's a pretty real chance that we could end the season on a 6 or 7 game winning streak going into the conference tourney. We just need to get the ball rolling, if we can learn how to win maybe we can make a run in the AAC tournament.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
"we are what our record says we are";

signed
Tuna

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads