Will Huskies Use More Creativity on Offense Today? | The Boneyard

Will Huskies Use More Creativity on Offense Today?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Discipline by the OLine in all these formations is proof positive of effective coaching during the week.

Offensive staff has new plays they want to run and it gets communicated to position coaches to teach their units.

UConn has been great at disguising trick plays.

Coaching, coaching, coaching

Reaction Score
Joe Moorhead (& Randy) ran that formation a few times in ‘09. First time was on a 2pt conversion against Rutgers at home; Frazier actually threw a lateral to the tackle that the officials got wrong. Randy got flagged 15 for throwing his headset to the ground while appealing to referee.

Also ran it at South Bend, Irish didn’t bite and Frazier threw a pick trying to hit Griffin who was lined up 2 spots from Petrus.

Edit: Lashlee’s version, with the late adjustment, did a better job of concealing the formation from defense.

scoobydoo

1977 & 1974 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
I remember that 2pt conversion. Good memory.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I didn't realize how much I would enjoy Lashlee's offense. I thought he would be much more run oriented. I rarely watch this team and get disappointed with the offensive play calling. The only thing that seems to be flat and predictable is when he has a long running play, he tends to go the same back on the next play. And it generally goes nowhere.

But..it's fun to watch him call a game.

Reaction Score
He brought in Donovan Williams again for a series but didn't run him. Hand off the Mensah and the flea flicker from Sherriff the WR to Mayala. I like he isn't too predictable with personnel

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I was listening on the radio en route to a wedding in Newport so I didn’t see it but Joe D seemed to think they were setting up a Tyler Davis passing play. Shirreffs looked to pitch to Davis and receivers were streaking but Temple followed Tyler into the backfield and BS chucked it out of bounds

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom