Will Hurley or anyone say something publicly? | The Boneyard

Will Hurley or anyone say something publicly?

Reaction Score
The officiating in the league is horrendous. Games are unwatchable (unless you are an addict like us) and it’s not fair to the players being victimized by the refs wanting to be the star of the show.
hurley needs to stop worrying about being a good sport and air it out at the press conference. One of our writers could stop being politically correct about never criticizing officials.

and I don’t want to hear about chances we had, turnovers, etc. that’s a completely separate issue.

Reaction Score
Our FT shooting is horrendous, so it does not matter

yes,it matters.. Our free throw shooting, our turnovers in crunch time, lack of composure...all problems.

but this thread is about the horrendous officiating which was bad and is getting even worse. Should everyone be held accountable except referees?

Reaction Score
I agree the Fouls are horrendous but pretty awful both ways. WE lost this game on our own. The Bouk tech really hurt us on the offensive end but we still should have won.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I feel that all reffing, in all games, has deteriorated significantly since the replay nonsense was allowed. Refs don't even know what to call or when to call it anymore. I think in the back of their head they are thinking that their calls will be disputed, or that every call is now negotiable. There is way too much checking the monitor and changing regular fouls to intentional, of varying degrees. Let these kids play, I am not watching to see a game be officiated.

Reaction Score
I agree the Fouls are horrendous but pretty awful both ways. WE lost this game on our own. The Bouk tech really hurt us on the offensive end but we still should have won.

Yeah, we should have. And I know refs have bad nights. But every game shouldn’t be Officiated horribly but that’s what it’s been like. It’s a very bad product and someone with more influence than a guy on a message board needs to say something about it.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Organize a protest outside of the American Conference and NCAA headquarters?

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I think soccer refs from Ecuador are more honorable

Reaction Score
It doesn't matter, we're gone in another month or so.
Correct. I would also add, this kind of officiating, which is absent in the NCAA post season (for the most part), is why teams from the AAC will never make a deep run into the tourney, IMO. The Big East teams, on the other hand, have shown they can go all the way.

Reaction Score
Correct. I would also add, this kind of officiating, which is absent in the NCAA post season (for the most part), is why teams from the AAC will never make a deep run into the tourney, IMO. The Big East teams, on the other hand, have shown they can go all the way.
This and that all the teams pretty much suck. It's a clownshow of a conference.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Our FT shooting is horrendous, so it does not matter
Yes its not great but last night we missed 8 FTs total. 6 by Gilbert that was the difference the rest of the team shot fine from the line.

Reaction Score
This and that all the teams pretty much suck. It's a clownshow of a conference.

You need to define "clownshow." Because on the court, and evidenced by computer rankings, it's the 7th best conference in the country and is far closer to the Pac Ten at the bottom of the P-5 plus Big East than it is to the A-Ten, which is next in line behind it.

The conference doesn't suck in basketball. Not even close. The officiating sucks, and the travel sucks, and the respect the conference is given sucks, but the basketball being played is nowhere near a "clownshow."

Reaction Score
You need to define "clownshow." Because on the court, and evidenced by computer rankings, it's the 7th best conference in the country and is far closer to the Pac Ten at the bottom of the P-5 plus Big East than it is to the A-Ten, which is next in line behind it.

The conference doesn't suck in basketball. Not even close. The officiating sucks, and the travel sucks, and the respect the conference is given sucks, but the basketball being played is nowhere near a "clownshow."
You just outlined a lot of why it's a clownshow in your second paragraph and why the AAC has never been respected and never does well out of conference in the tournament. There are other things like crummy fanbases and crummy commuter schools nobody cares about which only add to the cr@pfest.

Reaction Score
You just outlined a lot of why it's a clownshow in your second paragraph and why the AAC has never been respected and never does well out of conference in the tournament. There are other things like crummy fanbases and crummy commuter schools nobody cares about which only add to the cr@pfest.

Thank you for your definition. To me, 90% of a conference is its product on the field/court, so I think the use of the term is absurd, but if you want to use your criteria so be it.

Reaction Score
Thank you for your definition. To me, 90% of a conference is its product on the field/court, so I think the use of the term is absurd, but if you want to use your criteria so be it.
Yes, the bad product it puts on the court is the biggest reason the AAC sucks. All those other things add up to create the clownshow the conference is.

Reaction Score
you can call an organization a clownshow only if you're better than said organization. Clearly this is not the case here.

Reaction Score
1. Product isn't nearly as bad as you say.
2. We are worse than so-called bad product.

Odd hill to die on.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Well, Vital won’t be in the big East next year. He’s poured his heart out for this program and is getting totally screwed.
This seems like a good enough place to insert that next year will require adjustments to a new league's referees. We got a preview of that in the Nova game. Xavier was a neutral.

I won't be surprised to see a painful adjustment in the 2020-2021 season, no matter how much the personnel may be upgraded and matured. And I doubt this advance warning will mute displeasure and impatience when the time comes.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
as far as the zebras, it is kinda weird to wait for the time in each game where we get clocked in the head, but it's never a flagrant, and sometimes we get whistled for a foul. new math, I guess.

Reaction Score
crappy both ways. A 40 minute basketball game took roughly 2 hours and 20 minutes to be played last night. Half time was what, 15 minutes? that's the issue being brought up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom