Will Castle Start Friday? | The Boneyard

Will Castle Start Friday?

Reaction Score
Solo has been amazing and this time will do wonders for him and the team overall moving forward, but you have to think it's only a matter of time before Steph takes back that guard spot. Does it happen this week?

Reaction Score
I was somewhat surprised he didn't start on Saturday, given he had played against UNC. I'm guessing it will be one of those things that depends on how this week of practice goes. It's almost a week between games, so there's plenty more time for him to heal up and get that spot back. That said, there's no rush. We showed we're perfectly capable with Solo starting against good competition. Even in that scenario, no question Steph plays more minutes if the staff wants to go in that direction to ease him in as we near conference play. Still a long season to go so I don't see any point in rushing him back unless he's totally ready.

Reaction Score
Solo has been amazing and this time will do wonders for him and the team overall moving forward, but you have to think it's only a matter of time before Steph takes back that guard spot. Does it happen this week?
I would guess that he will. I feel like the PT he got in the last 2 games, coupled with the long rest between last game and Gonzaga, suggests his return.

Reaction Score
If Castle is off a minutes restriction, he will start. This shouldn't be a question, and I doubt it is for anyone on the team.

Love Solo. He isn't on the same level as Castle on either end right now. That's not a knock... he's a freak NBA talent.

I didn't expect Castle to be this good of a defender (he was NOT in high school), but he's probably our best perimeter defender. And obviously on offense his IQ, handles, passing and driving are on another level. He'll be a complete package when he pushes his 3pt% to 35%.

Reaction Score
Even in limited minutes Castle is impactful, especially on defense. He's been a menace to opposing ball handlers. He's under control with the ball and is a dynamic passer. He can get to the rim and finish. You can tell that he's going to blow the roof off this team's potential when he's firing on all cylinders. Spencer and Karaban are going to have all the wide open threes they can shoot.

Reaction Score
If Castle is off a minutes restriction, he will start. This shouldn't be a question, and I doubt it is for anyone on the team.

Love Solo. He isn't on the same level as Castle on either end right now. That's not a knock... he's a freak NBA talent.

I didn't expect Castle to be this good of a defender (he was NOT in high school), but he's probably our best perimeter defender. And obviously on offense his IQ, handles, passing and driving are on another level. He'll be a complete package when he pushes his 3pt% to 35%.

His defense looks like it will provide a strong floor for him at the back end of the lottery, regardless of how his shot progresses this season. I too am very pleasantly surprised. It was awesome to see him pick Cormac Ryan’s pocket and block Bacot back to back.

Reaction Score
feel like hurley is too superstitious to change the starting lineup coming off of two wins.

if castle is fully healthy, i wouldn't be shocked to see him start the second half and close the game, but i don't think hurley messes with the starting lineup until the team has a misstep.

Reaction Score
I remember when Hurley started Sanogo as a freshman even when sometimes he only played a few minutes all game. I thought that was a smart move because it force fed Sanogo minutes and accelerated his development.

Making the same move with Ball could pay dividends in the spring. No need to rush Castle at this point. Eventually Castle will start. But taking it slow will help both players.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Right. It's simple.

Castle will play as many minutes as he can handle and UConn will be better off every minute he is on the floor.

He'll start and UConn will be better for it. The sooner he starts, the sooner it solidifies the bench rotation with two guards (Diarra and Ball), a big (Johnson) and a something we haven't quite figured out yet (Stewart, or as many here call him Steward).

Without a true four who can spell Karaban for 10-12 minutes, and play a similar style of stretch four, it's smoke and mirror with guards, wings and rim protecting bigs.

Reaction Score

Isn’t Solo known to be a better 3 point shooter than Castle? Castle the all around better player and he’s 1-5 only this year, small sample. In HS?

Reaction Score
Without a true four who can spell Karaban for 10-12 minutes, and play a similar style of stretch four, it's smoke and mirror with guards, wings and rim protecting bigs.
I think Stewart can be that. Hes got a nice stroke, is a big kid and has shown he can rebound and score around the basket. I know he missed time before the season so hes a bit behind but hes looked really good in short spurts. Hope it comes together for him because hes really talented and makes us better in a spot as you pointed out we need more depth.

Reaction Score
Isn’t Solo known to be a better 3 point shooter than Castle? Castle the all around better player and he’s 1-5 only this year, small sample. In HS?

Neither are very good 3-point shooters right now, and neither were very good 3pt shooters in HS. I'd guess we're more likely to see it from Solo this season because he's gotten so many more reps and Hurley has praised his shooting development in practice.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Put me in the Dan not messing with the lineup camp. Think Castle hits over 20 minutes in this important game still. But he’s a very superstitious guy, so it wouldn’t shock me if he refuses to change anything major before our last high level ooc game.

Reaction Score

429 covered it but one of the Ball profiles from last week had a tidbit from his HS coach about how Solo could really stroke it as an underclassman but was set back after he got jacked.

Reaction Score
Put me in the Dan not messing with the lineup camp. Think Castle hits over 20 minutes in this important game still. But he’s a very superstitious guy, so it wouldn’t shock me if he refuses to change anything major before our last high level ooc game.

The Yard delivers as always.

Hurley is superstitious with his underwear & uniforms. Hes not gonna run out an inferior lineup because of “superstition”

Reaction Score
I think he and Ball will alternate starting based on matchups and divide the minutes.
No Way Ugh GIF

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

Hurley is superstitious with his underwear & uniforms. Hes not gonna run out an inferior lineup because of “superstition”
I promise solo ball didn’t start last game because of the minutes restriction. You can start and be on a minutes restriction, Clingan showed us proof of that. And nobody thinks Solo is better than Castle. So what’s the excuse now?

And fwiw he might make the correct move to reinsert Castle against the Zags. I’m just making a guess, stop being a dick.

Reaction Score

To be fair, he kept Andre coming off the bench during the PK tourney last season because we were rolling and he didn't want to mess with our early season momentum.
I'm certainly not saying he'll do that here, but it has happened

Reaction Score
I just think castle & solo are going to be so good as Sophmores. They both will be real good and should come back….

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom