Will Bouknight be ready to go on Tuesday night? | The Boneyard

Will Bouknight be ready to go on Tuesday night?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I think the better question is whether anyone else will be ready to do something on offense instead of waiting around for him to bail them out.

And whether Hurley will let yet another coach dictate the gameplan.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Bouk needs some more time to get back into game shape. I don't think the elbow thing affected him too much. Even against Providence he looked like a different player in the 2nd half. I'm just hopeful he's able to get back into 100% game shape sooner rather than later.

Reaction Score
Bouk needs some more time to get back into game shape. I don't think the elbow thing affected him too much. Even against Providence he looked like a different player in the 2nd half. I'm just hopeful he's able to get back into 100% game shape sooner rather than later.
Exactly. He has missed so much game time and the Big East is so intense. I imagine he will be 100 percent after Marquette this weekend

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I think the better question is whether anyone else will be ready to do something on offense instead of waiting around for him to bail them out.

Agreed. As Bouk works towards regaining 30+ minutes of game play, others have to have contribute without disappearing. This would be good enough to beat the majority of the Big East teams. Bouk on his own without a supporting cast will not get the job done. They were showing signs against a few teams like Xavier ... so maybe just a matter of developing that chemistry with Bouk against the middle tier of the Big East in the next 2 weeks.

Reaction Score
We will be back recruiting the top players without having to worry about "blue bloods" being interested. Just a matter of time. We are UCONN after all

Reaction Score

Careful, you might be accused of knowing more than our men's basketball coach. And who knows how much you really know about hoops.

Reaction Score
I know enough to know that I don't know more than him.

But I do believe there are coaches in our conference who do. And it shows.
Definitely can’t argue with ur 2nd point.. I’m definitely happy Hurley is running the program but he will improve his in game coaching in time

Reaction Score
Honestly it isn’t about “knowing” about basketball. It’s about being able to assemble the players, pass on what you know to them and get them to use it, and read the glow of the game. Every college coach knows basketball. The difference between Jim Calhoun and Jim Christianson has very little to do with how much they know but quite a bit with what the do with it.

Reaction Score
I know enough to know that I don't know more than him.

But I do believe there are coaches in our conference who do. And it shows.
I was obviously being facetious. There are many on this board who think you aren't allowed to criticize the coach unless you are a coach. Or if you do criticize him, it somehow means you think you know more than him, or think he sucks and should be fired. (None of which you said or even implied by the way).

I guess I became under the misapprehension that this is a college basketball fan forum. Silly me.

Reaction Score
Honestly it isn’t about “knowing” about basketball. It’s about being able to assemble the players, pass on what you know to them and get them to use it, and read the glow of the game. Every college coach knows basketball. The difference between Jim Calhoun and Jim Christianson has very little to do with how much they know but quite a bit with what the do with it.
The principle above is true.

But, knowledge without talent to implement the received knowledge, doesn't help. The second JC had insufficient talent to succeed and probably the inability to assemble players.

Reaction Score
He’s made of glass! But he’ll play.
A shattered, but standing mirror , still lets you see yourself, but not with as clear a view.

Maybe his aggressive, diving, and slashing style of play cause the injuries or makes it harder to heal from them.

Not sure if anything can prevent them.

Reaction Score
A shattered, but standing mirror , still lets you see yourself, but not with as clear a view.

Maybe his aggressive, diving, and slashing style of play cause the injuries or makes it harder to heal from them.

Not sure if anything can prevent them.

yanet garcia pink GIF

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
The principle above is true.

But, knowledge without talent to implement the received knowledge, doesn't help. The second JC had insufficient talent to succeed and probably the inability to assemble players.
Some people are just legends and conventional wisdom just doesn’t apply.

Calhoun went to a D3 school that just created a new team and got a group of freshman to win something like 20 in a row. He could probably lead a group of blind nuns to an NCAA tournament berth, he’s that good haha.

Reaction Score
Careful, you might be accused of knowing more than our men's basketball coach. And who knows how much you really know about hoops.
There's a difference between saying some of the fans here don't have any idea what they're talking about and saying that Hurley needs to improve in some aspects. Those aren't mutually exclusive.

It's not worth taking people who are talking about basketball seriously when they can't see that the difference between the wins and losses have been entirely about whether the team is shooting well or not, or if they don't understand the basic principles of screens or double screens or whatever. They can post whatever, sure, but we should rightly dismiss keep their lack of knowledge in mind when evaluating their position.

But we might ask instead if there's another way to structure our offense when our team is as streaky from 3 as it is, though. Or we might critique the substitution patterns Hurley uses. Or any number of other things. That's not saying you know more than him, it's having an honest discussion about basketball strategy.

But people like just shouting loudly these days, so whatevs I guess.

Reaction Score
There's a difference between saying some of the fans here don't have any idea what they're talking about and saying that Hurley needs to improve in some aspects. Those aren't mutually exclusive.

It's not worth taking people who are talking about basketball seriously when they can't see that the difference between the wins and losses have been entirely about whether the team is shooting well or not, or if they don't understand the basic principles of screens or double screens or whatever. They can post whatever, sure, but we should rightly dismiss keep their lack of knowledge in mind when evaluating their position.

But we might ask instead if there's another way to structure our offense when our team is as streaky from 3 as it is, though. Or we might critique the substitution patterns Hurley uses. Or any number of other things. That's not saying you know more than him, it's having an honest discussion about basketball strategy.

But people like just shouting loudly these days, so whatevs I guess.
For me it all boils down to the fact that no one does their job perfectly, no matter how great one is at it. With the benefit of retrospect, it is often possible and sometimes easy for a person with inferior ability at said job to point out what could have been done better. The thing is, if we are seeing these things, then so is the staff.

All this is to say that many posters suggesting substantive Xs-and-Os prescriptions for the team are right. The people saying that our coaching suggestions on the Boneyard are futile are also right.

More importantly, the Boneyard is exactly the forum for such rumination. Everything I said above might be ignorant, incorrect nonsense, but who cares?! This is an internet message board. Call me a dummy, and let's move on!

Reaction Score
For me it all boils down to the fact that no one does their job perfectly, no matter how great one is at it. With the benefit of retrospect, it is often possible and sometimes easy for a person with inferior ability at said job to point out what could have been done better. The thing is, if we are seeing these things, then so is the staff.

All this is to say that many posters suggesting substantive Xs-and-Os prescriptions for the team are right. The people saying that our coaching suggestions on the Boneyard are futile are also right.

More importantly, the Boneyard is exactly the forum for such rumination. Everything I said above might be ignorant, incorrect nonsense, but who cares?! This is an internet message board. Call me a dummy, and let's move on!
I think people have mostly called people morons or called out hot takes and moved on. I was simply responded to a post that seems not have moved on. :)

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Tune in next time for another exciting episode of UConn basketball. It's about as predictable as an episode of Bewitched or Gilligan's Island. I love watching the games, enjoy the team. I remain frustrated by the unwillingness to try something new. We are highly predictable at both ends of the floor.

Reaction Score
Even if every suggestion on the forum is incorrect or misplaced, so what?

Catharsis is cathartic and cleansing. Letting off steam intellectually is better than resorting to self-pity.

Let the discourse continue to move on to bigger and better things and to even more clever GIFs. I wish I knew how to create one. Good laughs and smiles evoked.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Even if every suggestion on the forum is incorrect or misplaced, so what?

Catharsis is cathartic and cleansing. Letting off steam intellectually is better than resorting to self-pity.

Let the discourse continue to move on to bigger and better things and to even more clever GIFs. I wish I knew how to create one. Good laughs and smiles evoked.
Will Ferrell Lol GIF

Reaction Score
I know you won’t care but I usually don’t like your takes. That said, I will admit this is a fantastic point that many overlook.

Calhoun had a way of getting through to his guys. He imposed his will and got even some of the most stubborn, hard headed but tough minded players to mold into shape that led to success.

Sometimes it did backfire though, but overall Calhoun was brilliant

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom