Wildfires in KML’s town | The Boneyard

Wildfires in KML’s town

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Parts of Anaheim Hills and Orange (including my niece and her family) have been evacuated due to brush fires. I hope the wind subsides or changes direction.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The latest news is that 10 houses have been lost in Anaheim Hills, which is where KML's family lives.

homes+burned+down+anaheim+hills+fire.JPG

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Been a terrible year for fires out west. You'd hope the threat would be dwindling this time of year but obviously it's still a possibility.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Too much water in Houston and Florida; too little in the West.

Vineyards in the Napa Valley are now threatened.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Suppose to be a wind change tonight and some moister air with it. Some of these fires make their own wind in the rugged topography. Less so in the denser residential areas, but ... denser is its own nightmare.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
They still have Red Flag Warnings up through Tuesday morning. I was able to see the smoke but it wasnt over me.
Traffic jams all over the place as one of the worst highways to drive on during normal conditions, "The 91" was closed for a stretch, along with the 241 Toll Road. There have been much worse Santa Ana winds than this in the past.

.. RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 AM PDT TUESDAY FOR STRONG GUSTY WINDS AND LOW HUMIDITY FOR FIRE WEATHER ZONES 256, 265, AND 554... * LOCATION... INLAND ORANGE COUNTY, RIVERSIDE COUNTY MOUNTAINS, INLAND BELOW THE SAN GORGONIO AND MORONGO PASS AREAS. * TIMING... THROUGH TUESDAY MORNING. * WIND... AREAS OF NORTHEAST WINDS 25 TO 35 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 55 MPH, WEAKENING THIS AFTERNOON AND EVENING WITH MORE LOCALIZED NORTHEAST WINDS 15 TO 25 MPH AND GUSTS TO 35 MPH FOR LATE TONIGHT INTO TUESDAY. * HUMIDITY... LOWEST 5 TO 10 PERCENT THROUGH EARLY EVENING. POOR RECOVERY TONIGHT IN BREEZY AREAS... THEN FALLING TO 10 TO 15 PERCENT TUESDAY. * OUTLOOK... WINDS WILL WEAKEN ON TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY, WITH HIGHER COASTAL HUMIDITY SPREADING SLOWLY INLAND. * IMPACTS... ANY FIRES THAT DEVELOP WILL LIKELY SPREAD RAPIDLY WITH EXTREME BEHAVIOR. OUTDOOR BURNING IS NOT RECOMMENDED. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... A RED FLAG WARNING MEANS THAT CRITICAL FIRE WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE EITHER OCCURRING NOW... .OR WILL SHORTLY. A COMBINATION OF STRONG WINDS... LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY... AND HEAT CAN CONTRIBUTE TO EXTREME FIRE BEHAVIOR.

A bit of a positive update

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
They still have Red Flag Warnings up through Tuesday morning. I was able to see the smoke but it wasnt over me.
Traffic jams all over the place as one of the worst highways to drive on during normal conditions, "The 91" was closed for a stretch, along with the 241 Toll Road. There have been much worse Santa Ana winds than this in the past.

.. RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 AM PDT TUESDAY FOR STRONG GUSTY WINDS AND LOW HUMIDITY FOR FIRE WEATHER ZONES 256, 265, AND 554... * LOCATION... INLAND ORANGE COUNTY, RIVERSIDE COUNTY MOUNTAINS, INLAND BELOW THE SAN GORGONIO AND MORONGO PASS AREAS. * TIMING... THROUGH TUESDAY MORNING. * WIND... AREAS OF NORTHEAST WINDS 25 TO 35 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 55 MPH, WEAKENING THIS AFTERNOON AND EVENING WITH MORE LOCALIZED NORTHEAST WINDS 15 TO 25 MPH AND GUSTS TO 35 MPH FOR LATE TONIGHT INTO TUESDAY. * HUMIDITY... LOWEST 5 TO 10 PERCENT THROUGH EARLY EVENING. POOR RECOVERY TONIGHT IN BREEZY AREAS... THEN FALLING TO 10 TO 15 PERCENT TUESDAY. * OUTLOOK... WINDS WILL WEAKEN ON TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY, WITH HIGHER COASTAL HUMIDITY SPREADING SLOWLY INLAND. * IMPACTS... ANY FIRES THAT DEVELOP WILL LIKELY SPREAD RAPIDLY WITH EXTREME BEHAVIOR. OUTDOOR BURNING IS NOT RECOMMENDED. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... A RED FLAG WARNING MEANS THAT CRITICAL FIRE WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE EITHER OCCURRING NOW... .OR WILL SHORTLY. A COMBINATION OF STRONG WINDS... LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY... AND HEAT CAN CONTRIBUTE TO EXTREME FIRE BEHAVIOR.

A bit of a positive update

Stay safe! I assume Lou's family in HB is not directly affected. The problems seem to be to the east, near the hills (as usual).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom